uniden BCD536HP scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

beachbum71

ive been doing some research about the bcd536hp and iam wondering if that model scanner will pick up the fort worth texas police , from what ive read about the scanner i believe it will , does anybody know for sure if it will indeed be able to scan fort worth tx pd ?

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
It's easy enough to check for yourself, just check your scanner's spec sheet (coverage), then go to RR database for Ft Worth and check what system they are using. I did a cursory check and RR database shows FT Worth/Tarrant to be a Phase II P25 system and the BCD536HP covers both Phase 1 and Phase 11 P25 systems so I'd say you are good to go.

JD
kf4anc

kb3isq

Premium Subscriber
ive been doing some research about the bcd536hp and iam wondering if that model scanner will pick up the fort worth texas police , from what ive read about the scanner i believe it will , does anybody know for sure if it will indeed be able to scan fort worth tx pd ?
Looks like most Fort Worth Poice chaanels are encrypted so no no scanner will decode them. You might want to check with Texas forum

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Yeah I didn't go into the system and look at modes, but now I seem to remember reading that here before. Good advice, check the Texas section and ask them what's in the clear and what's not.

beachbum71

It's easy enough to check for yourself, just check your scanner's spec sheet (coverage), then go to RR database for Ft Worth and check what system they are using. I did a cursory check and RR database shows FT Worth/Tarrant to be a Phase II P25 system and the BCD536HP covers both Phase 1 and Phase 11 P25 systems so I'd say you are good to go.

JD
kf4anc
ok thanks

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
ok thanks
Fort Worth PD is encrypted on the dispatch and many of the tac and talk TGIDs. The "Code Blue" (community policing) and special events IDs are largely in the clear. Look at the system in the database. https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7349

In the Mode column, you'll see these are labeled with a D, meaning it uses P25 Phase I. If there is also an upper case E, as in DE, then that talkgroup is full time encrypted. If the E was, instead lower case (i.e. De instead of DE), then encryption is used part of the time. Ft. Worth Fire is in the clear, as are a number of the other agencies on that system. However, Arlington has switched to full time encryption on both Police and Fire TGIDs, while Grand Prairie and Irving have envrypted the Police side, but not Fire.

beachbum71

Fort Worth PD is encrypted on the dispatch and many of the tac and talk TGIDs. The "Code Blue" (community policing) and special events IDs are largely in the clear. Look at the system in the database. https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7349

In the Mode column, you'll see these are labeled with a D, meaning it uses P25 Phase I. If there is also an upper case E, as in DE, then that talkgroup is full time encrypted. If the E was, instead lower case (i.e. De instead of DE), then encryption is used part of the time. Ft. Worth Fire is in the clear, as are a number of the other agencies on that system. However, Arlington has switched to full time encryption on both Police and Fire TGIDs, while Grand Prairie and Irving have envrypted the Police side, but not Fire.
ok thanks very much for that info

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
it looks like i wont be able to listen fwpd , but i will be able to listen to the txdps
TX DPS, and a number of the suburbs.

Also note that often, when there is a chase that crosses into a different city, ir an incident that involves one or more agencies, the radio traffic will be on one or more of the interop talkgroups. Depending on your exact location, and what sort of antenna you'll be using, you should still have quite a bit to listen to, even though FWPD is not included.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Since I last monitored the Ft. Worth P25 system, I see that Irving has fully encrypted most of their PD channels. Arlington has followed suit. Although you won't likely hear FWPD, Tarrant County SO are open to scan. I can assure you, there is much more to hear in that area instead of the Longhorn Patrol Car group.

As a consequence of these ridiculous encrypted talk groups, I have basically given Tarrant County businesses the middle finger. I have two ways of heading north on IH35. I exclusively use IH35E. I refuse to enter Ft. Worth, Texas and support anything that county has to offer.

They went way overboard with their radio plan. Basically, they have told the community at large, we don't trust you.

The other night, I heard Falls County P25 deputy say, "I only got three fxxxxing tickets tonight." Without oversight, who knows what is being transmitted. In my opinion, it drives a wedge between LE and the general public.

The modal response coming from LE about encryption generally centers on Smart Phone Streaming and their lack of safety.

When you isolate the public, you are also isolating assistance in some cases:

Good Samaritan transports surgeon, donor kidney nearly 2 hours for surgery after flat tire

During 2015, Waco hosted a Twin Peaks biker get together that turned rather nasty. I have all of this recorded on my 436HP SD card. Guess what? We had full access to the radio traffic. NOT ONE officer was hurt as a function of these clear communications.

It is so much easier to hide mistakes, corruption, and purposeful deception in the presence of encryption.

I am working on a revised version of the Twin Peak Recordings. If you like, send me a PM and I will forward the You Tube link once I have completed editing.

Last edited:

beachbum71

TX DPS, and a number of the suburbs.

Also note that often, when there is a chase that crosses into a different city, ir an incident that involves one or more agencies, the radio traffic will be on one or more of the interop talkgroups. Depending on your exact location, and what sort of antenna you'll be using, you should still have quite a bit to listen to, even though FWPD is not included.
thaks for that very important info , i got my bcd536hp scanner late yesterday and it is very easy to use , its by far the easiest scanner ive ever had , thanks for all the info

beachbum71

Since I last monitored the Ft. Worth P25 system, I see that Irving has fully encrypted most of their PD channels. Arlington has followed suit. Although you won't likely hear FWPD, Tarrant County SO are open to scan. I can assure you, there is much more to hear in that area instead of the Longhorn Patrol Car group.

As a consequence of these ridiculous encrypted talk groups, I have basically given Tarrant County businesses the middle finger. I have two ways of heading north on IH35. I exclusively use IH35E. I refuse to enter Ft. Worth, Texas and support anything that county has to offer.

They went way overboard with their radio plan. Basically, they have told the community at large, we don't trust you.

The other night, I heard Falls County P25 deputy say, "I only got three fxxxxing tickets tonight." Without oversight, who knows what is being transmitted. In my opinion, it drives a wedge between LE and the general public.

The modal response coming from LE about encryption generally centers on Smart Phone Streaming and their lack of safety.

When you isolate the public, you are also isolating assistance in some cases:

Good Samaritan transports surgeon, donor kidney nearly 2 hours for surgery after flat tire

During 2015, Waco hosted a Twin Peaks biker get together that turned rather nasty. I have all of this recorded on my 436HP SD card. Guess what? We had full access to the radio traffic. NOT ONE officer was hurt as a function of these clear communications.

It is so much easier to hide mistakes, corruption, and purposeful deception in the presence of encryption.

I am working on a revised version of the Twin Peak Recordings. If you like, send me a PM and I will forward the You Tube link once I have completed editing.
yes you are right about that , tarrant county did go way WAY overboard !!! yeah your right it is much easier for the pd to hide mistakes when their radio is fully encrypted , and i will send you a PM i would like to hear that twin peaks recordings ,

Status
Not open for further replies.