• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Uniden BCD536HP turn on AGC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings,

I've been trying to figure out how to turn the Automatic Gain Control while scanning Favorites Lists. I've read that many people prefer not to use it, butI'd like to try it and form my own opinion on it.

Thanks,
Scott

W8RMH

Premium Subscriber
Grove City, Ohio (A Bearcat not a Buckeye)
It is set in "System Options"

Press Menu then scroll to Manage Favorites and press E/yes.
Scroll to the Favorites List and press E/yes.
Scroll to Review/Edit System and press E/yes.
Scroll to the System you want to edit and press E/yes.
Scroll to Edit Sys Options and press E/yes.
Note: Not all options will appear for all types of systems.

Set Audio AGC This allows you to turn AGC (Automatic Gain Control) on or off for the System. The default settings are Off.

Analog - Press E/yes to toggle On or Off.
Digital - Press E/yes to toggle On or Off.

(Source - http://new.marksscanners.com/536/436_536.shtml)

Status
Not open for further replies.