BCD325P2/BCD996P2: Uniden BCD996P2 stops receiving periodically

doodaman

I've had scanners for many years, and never experienced this type of problem. I purchased the BCD996P2 scanner about a year ago, and about every several weeks, the scanner stops receiving anything, even the weather frequencies. If I turn it off then back on again, it starts receiving again as it has. I've not changed any setting, added any frequencies or anything. Was wondering if anyone has experienced this before or has a solution to resolve the issue, other than turning it off then back on again.

tvengr

Well Known Member
If the scanner appears to be scanning properly, It may be an antenna problem. Take a look at the center pin of the plug on the antenna to see if it has broken off or is pushed in. Try swapping antennas with another scanner. Also check the wiring from the antenna connector to the circuit board inside the scanner. Try cleaning the antenna connector. Is squelch set at 2?

Last edited:

doodaman

If the scanner appears to be scanning properly, It may be an antenna problem. Take a look at the center pin of the plug on the antenna to see if it has broken off or is pushed in. Try swapping antennas with another scanner. Also check the wiring from the antenna connector to the circuit board inside the scanner. Try cleaning the antenna connector. Is squelch set at 2?
Cleaned the antenna connector, pin looked OK. Squelch is actually set at 3. I'll listen to it for a time and see if that corrects it. Thanks for the response.