Uniden BCD996XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob550

Premium Subscriber
Are you monitoring a P25 system? What are you using for an antenna? With P25 digital systems, choppiness can be the result of Simulcast distortion or poor signal strength.

jerrycoley

Thanks but neither option worked . Im new at all this .Do you know of anyone on here from Louisiana

jerrycoley

Priority modes not the problem .Im new to all this .Some one told me it might be programming .Do you know anyone in Louisiana that does programing ?

jerrycoley

Yes P 25 , Top loaded magnetic antenna , I live in Northeast Louisiana ,some one told me it could be simulcast problem ,Do you know any one on here from Northeast Louisiana that could help me ?

bob550

Premium Subscriber
Can you point us to the RR database entry for the system you're listening to that's giving you trouble? Here's the link for the State of Louisiana: Louisiana. Locate your county and the system your monitoring. Checking the state database, I find the LWIN system which shows as P25 Phase 1 statewide system, but it doesn't appear to be Simulcast. If what your listening to is actually Simulcast, a less efficient antenna may be the answer. Is your 996 mounted in a vehicle or stationary?

There are probably folks in the Louisiana State forum who can provide further assistance with your local systems.

MaXKiLLz

I gave up trying to hear P25 Simulcast on my 396XT, which is the handheld equivalent of your 996XT. It just can't do it.

rusty15

Premium Subscriber
could it be that you are hearing encrypted transmissions ? I know when I have data disabled on my 996T I just hear blurps of voice which are not readable.

MaXKiLLz

It’s definitely not encrypted. Got my new Unication G4 a few days ago and I’m hearing the local P25 system perfectly now.

jerrycoley

Can you point us to the RR database entry for the system you're listening to that's giving you trouble? Here's the link for the State of Louisiana: Louisiana. Locate your county and the system your monitoring. Checking the state database, I find the LWIN system which shows as P25 Phase 1 statewide system, but it doesn't appear to be Simulcast. If what your listening to is actually Simulcast, a less efficient antenna may be the answer. Is your 996 mounted in a vehicle or stationary?

There are probably folks in the Louisiana State forum who can provide further assistance with your local systems.
Ouachita Parish in Monroe Louisiana is where my Data base is .I dont see anything on the forum page about Simucast . I am new to all this scanning .What is a less efficent antenna & where do I find one . 996 is stationary .

Status
Not open for further replies.