Uniden BCT15x Warranty/Problem Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

brr2794

Hello. New to the forums... I hope I have placed this in the correct section.

I purchased my BCT15x in the beginning of June, 2013. Worked really well for me up until recently. I went to go turn it on and all I heard were clicking noises. No display, no sound, no lights or sign of anything at all. Just clicks. I had it in my truck one day and I was constantly truing my truck on and off in very short intervals and realized my scanner was on the whole time. (My first thought was some kind of surge with truing it on and off repeatedly) I brought the scanner home, plugged it in and turned it on and only heard the clicks. I checked the power supply and it was fine.

So I sent the scanner in for warranty repair on 12 November 2013. I have two questions-

1) Have you had this problem and what did you do?

2) If you have sent your scanner in for repair, how long was it before you had it back?

Thank you in advance.

-Brian

J-fro

I have this same issue when I try to plug it into my wall power supply, thus I have to plug it in with the 12VDC out in my truck.

I'm planning on sending it in to get it repaired, only because I figure once it's repaired it will be used as a home unit. I don't think it can handle the rigors of the road. I'll be looking at another unit to use in my truck.
When I called them to see about repair, the lady said turn around time was I think like, 3-4 weeks. Which I understand is fine, they need to have time to work on it but I use it every day and rely on it a lot. I guess the handheld will have to do until I get it sorted out.

Overall I'm not too happy with this unit. It's been freezing and locking out, until not even receiving radio traffic now. Only option is repair, otherwise I'm stuck with a useless flashy box.

Status
Not open for further replies.