UNIDEN br330t HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
I'm trying to get the NJ State police 800 TRS programmed in to a br330t for a friend. I'm only putting in one site with 12 frequencies and 2 talk groups. But it wont load in the radio. I'm going to try to post pictures of the screens I get with the error.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If you are trying to do this manually, I applaud your courage, but it gets very frustrating after a while, as I'm sure you'v discovered. Most will program these radios with software - but let's start with some of the basics first. This article from our wiki (links are always blue) will give you lots of help...

Program your DMA Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

The Easier to Read manual for the 330T is linked at the bottom of this article.. Mike

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Moved to the New Jersey forum.

Please take more time in choosing a suitable forum for your thread next time, thanks.

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
I am using PeoScan to program. I'll read up on your links and see if that helps. I will try a firmware update too. I just bought the radio for a friend who knows nothing about scanning and only wants to listen to the State Police Marine guys. As far as posting in the wrong spot, I was trying to post in Uniden but couldn't post the question. I didn't think it was a NJ only question but a Uniden BR330T scanner question. I couldn't figure out how to post my screen shots, I was able to upload them but no further......

Thanks for your help

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Your Nothing to Scan message is covered here...

Nothing to Scan - The RadioReference Wiki

As to your out of resources message; I would dump the entire scanner and see what you have loaded. Any pre-loaded data that's in the various quick keys can be dropped - it's very out of date. In the Easier to Read manual, search for 'Preprogrammed Systems'

As to what the memory limits are, Again the Easier to Read manual has this, but here'sa spot where you can find this a bit easier...

Moving DMA Data to Other Radios in Freescan - The RadioReference Wiki

I am not familiar with ProScan, but there should be an option in the upload panels somewhere to wipe the scanner completely, or you can use the standard 3 finger salute (hold the 2,3,L/O keys down when powering up) and reply NO to the question about reloading memory. Start with a clean slate.

Oh and your snapshot doesn't appear to show any quick keys allocated for the NJ state police stuff; altho. again, I'm not familiar with ProScan and that could be on another form...and don't forget about the custom tables, which you will need since the system is rebanded. Mike

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
I knew about the nothing to scan, just can't figure out why it wont take the NJSP system. I cleared the data pout of the scanner already. I have been programming scanners for a while now, I've done the BDC996T all the way up to the new BCD436HD and never had this issue. Thanks for the help, I do appreciate it. I'll keep trying and reading the posts a WIKI's and hopefully I figure it out.

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
Ok, so this is what I came up with. under SYSTEM TYPE MOT 800 MHz custom I get the error and it wont load. I changed it to standard and it loaded and seems to work. Any thoughts on this setting?? Will I have a problem monitoring this system?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.