Freescan: Uniden BR330T Trunking Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcop225

Radio Zoomer
I just picked up a used Uniden BR330T. Today I updated it to the latest firmware and now I'm trying to program it with FreeScan.

Due to the limited memory I am starting by programming only one multi-site Smartzone system in to the scanner. What seems to be happening is that a site will be programmed in then all the talk groups, and when the next site is programmed all of the TGs are added again. This continues until the scanner runs out of memory and throws an error.

All these sites are separate 'M82S' sites in a single 'MOT2' system. This is not an issue when using this file to program my BCT15x. Can anyone suggest how to fix this issue?

Thanks.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The BR330T can't do multi site trunking like the 15X can, so FS is trying to split the systems and sites.

Your best bet, I think, is to start fresh and clean the scanner out completely. There's an erase all option on the upload form - and that's where you should start. Then let it do the splitting as its supposed to.

Undoubtedly the previous owner didn't (or perhaps didn't know how) to wipe the scanner before it was sold

Mike

Voyager

Also only program the control channels (primary and up to 3 alternates) and use Control Channel Only scanning. That will save some memory. If you want to hear everything, use ID SEARCH. Also, only program the sites you will be within range of - start with your home site. Once you have that working, you can add more.

jcop225

Radio Zoomer
Thanks guys. That makes sense.

I'll put each site (sticking to the major simulcast sites) as its own system and program only the talk groups that are generally served by those sites.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If you clear the scanner and re-import, FS will split the sites into their own systems for you. You can then edit out what you don't want. That's much easier than doing this manually - manual entry of data really isn't one of FS strengths

Mike

jcop225

Radio Zoomer
If you clear the scanner and re-import, FS will split the sites into their own systems for you. You can then edit out what you don't want. That's much easier than doing this manually - manual entry of data really isn't one of FS strengths

Mike

Then is there a way to assign certain TGs only to given sites, without redoing it manually? What's killing me is the storage of all the TGs several times over.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
To a certain extent, yes. You can use the 'Options' and 'My skip tags' functions. The options tab will allow you to drop digital talkgroups (which the 330 can't handle anyway), as well as encrypted ones. The My Skip Tags tab will allow you to select which service tags to ignore during the download

In this case you would need to do each site manually - a little more work, but those 2 options will save you trying to download TGs you can't hear anyway, or are of no interest to you

Mike

jcop225

Radio Zoomer
So using copy/paste on FS I was able to make several copies of my big system object and then cut it down so it contains a single site (I already have just the CCs, by the way) and only the common TGs for that site.

I used to just "throwing everything in there" with my 15x, This will be a much leaner file with just the simulcast sites and TGs that are actually used.

Status
Not open for further replies.