Uniden.com Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

tj20

I have not been able to get onto the uniden website, anybody else having problems? Also somebody was posting having Firmware 2.01, I have 2.00.07 for my BCT396, am I missing something?

jerk

tj20 said:
I have not been able to get onto the uniden website, anybody else having problems? Also somebody was posting having Firmware 2.01, I have 2.00.07 for my BCT396, am I missing something?

Initially when the firmware was released I had trouble logging on, and there were problems the day before. So maybe they are updating or changing things around. When I downloaded, I had dial up speeds. who know, weekends are prime times for computer "upgrades" though.

Now there is two "released" firmware versions that are not the official version .7
That is point .6 a prior version and then 2.01.0 Some, (many) are having trouble with the officially released version, and on a case by case basis, other firmware was released.

I would post the problem here, so everybody knows the problems you are having... and then email Upman and tell him. He can authorize the other firmware to fix the problems.

tj20

As far as I can tell I am not having problems with my 396 using the original upgrade 2.00.07. When I was reading about somebody having 2.01 I tried uniden.com to see if a new update had been released. That is when I found out I could not get onto uniden.com.

jerk

tj20 said:
As far as I can tell I am not having problems with my 396 using the original upgrade 2.00.07. When I was reading about somebody having 2.01 I tried uniden.com to see if a new update had been released. That is when I found out I could not get onto uniden.com.
Yes, it's for problems with the BCD396, and trust me you don't want those types of problems, but it may get released quickly after testing.

With the new firmware, the BCD396 does not have a backward path for going back to the V.1 firmware unless you send your scanner to uniden. So, this is still a beta version and if you are not having problems, you're not missing anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.