uniden customer service

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyscan

Premium Subscriber
While it is easy for us to post negative comments about companies when we arent satisfied with their response to our problems,I would like to cpmpliment representative Gabriel at uniden for his help with my bc246t unit. For some reason after the 2.60 update it messed up the trunking step sizes on motorola uhf/vhf systems. He was courteous and followed up PROMPTLY with a message that he will forward the issue to program managers in hope of a firmware update to fix the issue!! NICE work uniden. Merry Christmas to all.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
BC246XT isn't going to be able to scan that one. 6.25 kHz steps aren't supported on it.

tommyscan

Premium Subscriber
Whats strange is the step size choices when entering the band plan info. It reads 65.0 instead of 6.50 or 6.25. for narrowband. Yet it has the correct step size choices for conventional search ranges?? Its like the decimal is in the wrong place.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Those larger step sizes are legitimate. BC246XT only goes down to 12.5 kHz steps. The system you note is not a rebanded system (rebanding only affects 800 MHz system). They changed that system to use 6.25kHz steps, probably as part of the Narrowbanding mandate. I'm not aware of any other UHF system in the country using 6.25 kHz steps at this time (although there will likely be more in the future). It wasn't even envisioned in 2009, when this model was discontinued.

Status
Not open for further replies.