Uniden Patrol II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fpiman22

Hay guys I am wanting to get a scanner I had a ws 1040. I returned it. I could not program it. I want a easy to program scanner. Plus I live inLancaster city in Pennsylvania. I want to listen to police fire aircraft and EMT calls. I need the frequencys for them.
A computer program that can install on the scanner. I have an Apple a MacBook Pro.

Fpiman22

Is there any cheaper one out there in about $200.00 range and can be programmed by the computer

scottkrueger

Premium Subscriber
Make sure you shop around I paid 300.00 for my hp2. You’ll just have to do like the rest of and research the scanners and pick one. Check out marksscanners.com it has a lot of info about all kinds of scanners and easy to understand programming instructions.

hardsuit

Vrigo Super Cluster, Milky Way Galaxy, Sagatarious
Fpiman22 - Recommend the Whistler 1080/1088 scanners, they are Lightyears better than the old Style 1040. the 1080 series Scanners use a Built in USA and Canada Database , that you can Update for FREE with Radio Reference. the Scanners can also be sent in for Upgrades to Receive DMR and to use the Latest TRX EZ scan Software, though I get by FINE on the EZ scan that came Included. If you wand Details on 1088/1098 Scanners, I suggest you searching Universal Radio for Info, but buy them Elsewhere.

Fpiman22

Hay Guys
Now i have decided to get the Uniden Patrol II. Now my question will i be able tp listen to the police, fire, EMT and air crafts. in the Lancaster Penna..
Could please check if i can listen to it.
Thank You
Lester F Rowe Jr

Fpiman22

Fpiman22 - Recommend the Whistler 1080/1088 scanners, they are Lightyears better than the old Style 1040. the 1080 series Scanners use a Built in USA and Canada Database , that you can Update for FREE with Radio Reference. the Scanners can also be sent in for Upgrades to Receive DMR and to use the Latest TRX EZ scan Software, though I get by FINE on the EZ scan that came Included. If you wand Details on 1088/1098 Scanners, I suggest you searching Universal Radio for Info, but buy them Elsewhere.
Where do i get the download to the data base? That needs to be upgraded. Will it have the Lancaster Penna. area.

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
Looks like Police are encrypted on the Lancaster County System. But, you'll be able to scan Fire and most EMS. EMS to Hospital is also encrypted.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
FYI,
The Lancaster County PA RR DB Page has everything you need to start.
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=2276
Can't listen to PD, full encryption is used, same for PSP on the new PA-STARNet P25 which will eventually have PENNDOT (Snow plows, Road work) for the area, does carry local PGC in the clear now. The system is still being built and will have more users later down the line.. :)
As far as EMT's (EMS) dispatches are clear, but talk between units and facilities are encrypted.

goodmore

I live in Lancaster County. About the only thing worth listening to is Fire and EMS dispatch. You can also listen to fire ground communications. Lancaster County has decided to encrypt everything else. You can not listen to it. York County is full of action as well as Chester County compared to our county. So there you have it. Listening to business communications and the occasional road crews is what it has become. Some air traffic if you are into it. And you need DMR capabilities for most of the business monitoring. To be honest it becomes boring real fast. The day the music died!!!

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
I Live in Lancaster County PA.
In my opinion, there is much to hear, and each persons level of satisfaction is dependent on the users expectations.. If PD & EMS private talk is what your interested in, you will be disappointed. Yes for now York & Chester are pretty E free. (FOR NOW)

Status
Not open for further replies.