Uniden scanner repairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizz5500

Anyone know how long it takes to get a digital scanner repaired by Uniden in Fort Worth Texas? I sent my scanner down there over a month ago. USPS shows my package was accepted weeks ago by Uniden, Uniden on-line claims to have no record of my scanner. Is there a direct phone number that can be called without going through Uniden's voice messaging system which eventually disconnects your call without reaching a live person? Very frustrating to deal with this company!

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Anyone know how long it takes to get a digital scanner repaired by Uniden in Fort Worth Texas? I sent my scanner down there over a month ago. USPS shows my package was accepted weeks ago by Uniden, Uniden on-line claims to have no record of my scanner. Is there a direct phone number that can be called without going through Uniden's voice messaging system which eventually disconnects your call without reaching a live person? Very frustrating to deal with this company!

From the Uniden web site:

Repairs should be sent to:

Uniden America Corp.
C/O Saddle Creek
743 Henrietta Creek Rd., Suite 100
Roanoke, Texas 76262

Since you sent it to Ft Worth, that could explain the delay.

Also from the Uniden web site...
The repair department phone number is - 1.800.235.3874

wizz5500

USPS shows my defective scanner was accepted by a Patty Moon at 743 Henrietta Creek Rd suite 100. Still no word from Uniden. Thank you for the information.

russellmaher

KC1ANC
Hang in there wizz - the Uniden repair service may not be fast but they are good. They had my 396T for about a month but when it came back, they had repaired the items that I requested and also found other problems I wasn't aware of and fixed them also. I understand how you feel and would like to get some info on how the repair is progressing but others on here that have called Uniden have reported the phone service is not too efficient and more time is spent on hold waiting to have someone answer.

So, having heard the horror stories about their phone skills, I just waited patiently (while biting my nails) and let them have at it, and before long my scanner came back home looking and working perfectly. You will probably get your unit back before you get anyone on the phone. I'm hoping.

Let us know when you get it back, OK?

Russell

wizz5500

It all started back in January 2013 when my Uniden digital handheld scanner needed repair service. I shipped the defective radio to Uniden’s repair facility in Texas. After wasting countless hours waiting on the phone I finally was able to charge the repair to my credit card and received the radio back several weeks later. The unit appeared to be functioning correctly at the time but the intermittent problems still remained. I finally got around to shipping the radio back to the Uniden repair facility with a detailed letter explaining the radios problems and the fact it was serviced just months earlier. Again waiting a good month and spending another 1.5 hours waiting on the phone I was told my radio was repaired and would ship back to me after payment was received. Uniden then charged my credit card a second time for the same repair stating I waited to long before shipping the radio back for the second time.

Uniden’s scanner repair department is extremely frustrating to deal with. Uniden never responded to my letter or sent any acknowledgement card requesting advanced payment before return shipping. Now I’m charged twice for the same repair due to some technicality.

Uniden’s customer service department leaves much to be desired. Seems they do everything in their power to discourage you from sending defective radios in for repair. They want you to just purchase a new radio. Probably would have been easier to buy another new scanner then deal with the frustrating Uniden repair department. Never again!

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Wizz; Hang in there as Russell stated!

This is one of those take the good with the bad type of situations. This is an area you won't find UPMan really making too many comments about. Uniden repair does pretty good work. I sent my 396 XT for repair after it would not start without being plugged in via an AC adapter. The scanner came back repaired well and has not had any issues since. The left in the dark experience you are going through, is not unique to you. Unfortunately, the Uniden service dept. is absolutely the worse when it comes to customer service. They go out of their way to spend time and money advertizing their up coming wonderful new line of products with videos and things. Unfortunately, they have not done anything at all to change their perception of themselves when it comes to how they treat the customers AFTER the point of sale. Time and time again, stories like yours keep coming up. Uniden may currently be at the forefront in the latest scanner technology, but they remain in last place in customer service and satisfaction. So the moral of the story is this, be patient and you will most likely receive your scanner soon, in better shape than how you sent it.

Manny

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.