• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

UNIDEN SDS-100 vs UNICATION G5

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are other discussions ongoing about this, but I will state the obvious. The Unication is a pager, not a scanner. While it outperforms many scanners on simulcast systems in an application that employs a scan function, side by side comparison is not fair to either radio and will only degenerate into a Uniden fanboy vs. Unication fanboy "but it does/doesn't do this" free for all.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
There are other discussions ongoing about this, but I will state the obvious. The Unication is a pager, not a scanner. While it outperforms many scanners on simulcast systems in an application that employs a scan function, side by side comparison is not fair to either radio and will only degenerate into a Uniden fanboy vs. Unication fanboy "but it does/doesn't do this" free for all.
hit the nail on the head

As citywide mentioned, the G5 is a pager and has a dedicated purpose. While I have made the decision to switch to a G5 I have to say that you should make that decision for your self. If you feel that it fits into your collection then get it.

I own both g4 if you only listen to one system at a time. Better battery life slightly better decode and smaller form factor. But sds100 wins if you listen to more than one county system at a time. Both are good at simulcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.