Uniden SDS Series and Analog Simulcast Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

portroyalbirdy

Premium Subscriber
Hello Everyone! If this question was posted in another section, and/or already answered, I apologize and please move it to the corrected spot!

Now, onto my question! Does anyone know how the Uniden SDS Series Units handle Analog Simulcast? My county's dispatch channel is that way, and my 436HP does okay, but my Whistler WS1065 has trouble at times. Wasn't sure if anyone tested this yet!

Thank You in advance!

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The same way any other receiver would. Analog simulcast really can't be remediated in a receiver.

bdp278

Feed Provider
Travelled to Caddo Parish Louisiana with my SDS100 & had good reception on their Mot P2 Smartzone analog system. Reception did get spotty when I was in the elevator at the hotel, but was very clear for the most part. Had the latest firmware update w/ filters set to normal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ansky

Someone posted a video of an analog simulcast system (FDNY) in another thread and it sounded the same on the SDS200 as any other scanner.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I haven't noticed a huge difference, but my SDS100 seemed better than my 436 - and more or less on par with the 536 when monitoring our local hybrid SmartZone analog / digital system.

Status
Not open for further replies.