Uniden sds100

Status
Not open for further replies.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
I was in Wichita about a month ago visiting relatives and, while I didn't listen to the scanner a lot, what I did hear was excellent. If it was simulcast, I couldn't tell it. I had my 436 also but I didn't compare the two.

tipster67

My experience has been, Location, Location, Location. I have a few gre-500's in my house. The "simucast" issues are terrible. But I can take that same radio to Goddard, and it is crystal clear. No issues, even after 60 minutes of listening. In Phoenix there too was "simucast" issues. Not as bad as here, but still an issue. I had no problem in North Phoenix. But my buddy, 8 miles south, had some serious issues. He purchased a sds-100. He tried to sell it to me a month later. He said it was the same as his Radio Shack radio. I wish I had tried it here but, I didn't want to get stuck in the same boat as he did. I don't know any local users, sorry. But if you do find one, see if that person will bring it over for say 15-20 minutes. Buy that person a six-pack or a 10 dollar starbucks card. Much better than trying to sell a sds-100 after you find it does work good for you. Sorry I couldn't fully answer your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.