Uniden Tech/Customer support

Status
Not open for further replies.

TandemH

Premium Subscriber
I have a Uniden Home Patrol Two, I have had it for a few years now and the charging port is now loose and only works in certain positions. The scanner has never been dropped or unplugged a lot it has been used as a base station. I unplugged it yesterday to do a update on the software and I plugged it back in and i had to play around with it to get it to start charing. I had it fixed and it stopped working again now it hardly works unless i prop it up a certain way. Will Uniden repair charing ports? This is my main scanner I need it repired.

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
Thanks!

However the attached picture show clearly the specs are provided for the BCDx36hp scanners both of them and the features and specs for them are also able to be changed by firmware. See attached.

I may be a bit mistaken with this explanation, but hopefully UPMan will correct anything incorrect if I am.
The BCDx36HP scanners are traditional scanners that have limitations and capabilities defined by their hardware. These limitation and capabilities are mostly immutable without changing out components for the scanners.

Conversely the SDS series are software defined scanners (that's where the SDS comes from) and much of the hardware is emulated by software within the unit. This software can be altered to change many of the capabilities of the unit, making any set specifications prone to obsoletion.

mckinscan

Feed Provider
Could I get your zip code and the municipalities/services you are trying to receive?

Hi

I'm in 29303 zip code and i'm trying receive the Union County SC Fire freq 155.82000 and i can pickup their Page channel 154.445 but once they switch to the 155.820 freq i'm unable to receive but from the FCC Database Map ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Conventional License - WPDH421 - UNION, COUNTY OF - Locations Summary i should be able receive that freq

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=2356 thanks

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
Hi

I'm in 29303 zip code and i'm trying receive the Union County SC Fire freq 155.82000 and i can pickup their Page channel 154.445 but once they switch to the 155.820 freq i'm unable to receive but from the FCC Database Map ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Conventional License - WPDH421 - UNION, COUNTY OF - Locations Summary i should be able receive that freq

What scanner are you using? if it is a scanner capable of it, make sure you are programming in your CTCSS tone for the 155.8200 frequency

mckinscan

Feed Provider
What scanner are you using? if it is a scanner capable of it, make sure you are programming in your CTCSS tone for the 155.8200 frequency

Hi

I'm using Bearcat uniden BC350A and that scanner doesn't seam have a ctccss as i purchase that scanner about 2.5 years ago on ebay as used to used for my Fire Stream on Broadcastfy sister site to Radio Reference. i can pickup all my area FD Channels except for that one Freq for Union County. here is a picture of that scanner https://municibid.com/NetworkedCont...9a5f-412f-4ece-a31c-72a856741aef_fullsize.jpg

mule1075

Feed Provider
Hi

The 155.820 is the county emergency preparedness frequency according to the database. I would think you would want to listen to the fire tactical channels listed instead of that one.

dfw1193

I may be a bit mistaken with this explanation, but hopefully UPMan will correct anything incorrect if I am.
The BCDx36HP scanners are traditional scanners that have limitations and capabilities defined by their hardware. These limitation and capabilities are mostly immutable without changing out components for the scanners.

Conversely the SDS series are software defined scanners (that's where the SDS comes from) and much of the hardware is emulated by software within the unit. This software can be altered to change many of the capabilities of the unit, making any set specifications prone to obsoletion.

Yes I fully understand how the SDS series works, was just expecting a basic specifications listing such as audio output power which does not change by firmware, and other basic hardware specs such as sensitivity, size, weight etc. etc. These are the things that when a review of the unit is done by a 3rd party, which it will be, normally is published and helps users compare the units with other SDS units of the same manufacturer or competitor's to determine which product will suit the needs of the consumer the best.

Thanks for your help.

mckinscan

Feed Provider
The 155.820 is the county emergency preparedness frequency according to the database. I would think you would want to listen to the fire tactical channels listed instead of that one.

HI

Yes i know that is the Emergency! Preparedness channel but in last month of two they have seam move it Fire Dispatch Traffic to That Freq as i can picked it up on my other scanner hand held Uniden Truncktracker scanner but not on the BC350A Scanner someone in the SC Forum told me about the Fire dispatch traffic was on the 155.820 here is the thread from the SC Forum https://forums.radioreference.com/threads/union-county-fire.380075/post-3032306

rware96

Uniden Tech/Customer support,

I live in Fort Worth and I need my scanner (436) repaired out of warranty. Can I take it to Uniden myself, or do I have to mail it?

Thanks,
Randy

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
Uniden Tech/Customer support,

I live in Fort Worth and I need my scanner (436) repaired out of warranty. Can I take it to Uniden myself, or do I have to mail it?

Thanks,
Randy
Your unit would need to be mailed in. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

gschmitz

Premium Subscriber
I like how the 396 without batteries installed, boots up when external power is applied WITHOUT activating the On/Off button. Is this a firmware function? If so, can a firmware change be made to the 325 so it can do the same thing? I use a portable scanner in the car and the 396 (plugged into the lighter) boots up when the ignition is turned on. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.