Uniden Tech/Customer support

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
Hello everyone,
I thought it would be a good idea to start a specific thread to consolidate people's questions and save me some leg work in patrolling the forums here to give people help. I would love to see things like warranty questions, possible defective units, finding the right product and setup questions here. Some things I will respond to directly, but If i suspect we may need to exchange personal information, I will direct message you. A few caveats for this thread:

1. lets keep it on topic I encourage people to ask and even answer questions, but lets avoid having conversations in the thread.
2. This is not the place for firmware questions, testing or reporting of issues. Those should be posted in other threads (of which there are many already) or direct messaged to me.
3. I don't care if your issue is in another thread. If you need help with replacement parts, are questioning if you need to send your unit in for repair, or it's just acting weird, put it here.
4. Some products are old enough that we do not have support information for them. I will let you know if this is the case

Lastly, I will put some support information here and I encourage you to use it as per my recommendations or if you preemptively suspect it is the best course of action:

Uniden Website:
https://www.uniden.com

Customer service/Tech Support number:
1800-297-1023

Repair information:
https://repair.uniden.com/return.cfm

Uniden manual search:
Uniden Support - Downloads and Manuals

Last edited:

bearcat

The Access Point Mode on my 536 requires 5,15 or even 20 attempts to start. My 536 wifi dongle is running firmware version 7.28. Which should be the current version.

What is the fix for this? Is there a fix for this?

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
The Access Point Mode on my 536 requires 5,15 or even 20 attempts to start. My 536 wifi dongle is running firmware version 7.28. Which should be the current version.

What is the fix for this? Is there a fix for this?

Interesting. I assume since you are using access point mode, you are using this mobile? what sort of distance are you trying to connect and, and finally, are you using WPA/WPA2 or open?

bearcat

Interesting. I assume since you are using access point mode, you are using this mobile? what sort of distance are you trying to connect and, and finally, are you using WPA/WPA2 or open?
I am using it mobile the separation between devices is about 15 - 18 inches, however I would think access point would activate whether or not the tablet is actually on.

I am using OPEN but WPA/WPA2 did not work either.

Just to clarify, the problem is getting the 536 to activate Access point, not getting the device to connect. Once access point actually turns ON all is well

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
I have just tested this about 15 times with our units and had no problem creating the network in open mode. If your scanner and dongle are both on the newest version, I would suspect there would have to be an issue with either the dongle itself or the scanner. Are you under warranty?

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
Is there any place to purchase a new usb cover or keypad for the 436?

tumegpc

Premium Subscriber
Uniden Tech/Customer support,

Is there a chance that you clean up the Radio Scanner Accessories page and add real descriptions that let us know that the Rubber Keypad is for which scanner and if it's in stock without needing to click on the item? And yes I do see the Model: BKEY0149001. 99% of us don't know that it's a Keyboard Rubber for BC60XLT-1.

And what is a "Decoration Piece" BCT15X DECORATION PIECE ?

bearcat

I have just tested this about 15 times with our units and had no problem creating the network in open mode. If your scanner and dongle are both on the newest version, I would suspect there would have to be an issue with either the dongle itself or the scanner. Are you under warranty?
I think I am under warranty. I am going to try to borrow a dongle locally. Also I will reload the FW to both.
What is the right FW for the WIFI? 7.28?

I will proceed from there.

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
I think I am under warranty. I am going to try to borrow a dongle locally. Also I will reload the FW to both.
What is the right FW for the WIFI? 7.28?

I will proceed from there.

That sounds great, please let me know how it goes.

joerobb23

i would like to know if it is possible to clear static on 436 and sds100 on uhf frequencies. ive tried squelch & other things . I need to see if i can get better reception. switched antennaes etc no luck, thanks

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
i would like to know if it is possible to clear static on 436 and sds100 on uhf frequencies. ive tried squelch & other things . I need to see if i can get better reception. switched antennaes etc no luck, thanks

The antenna would be the first thing I tried. Unless it is a range issue or something with the transmitters you are receiving, I don't really hear much issue with this. It might be something you would like to get checked out by our repair dept. if you are under warranty if this is constant despite your location.

tampatracker

Hello, let me just say thanks for being available to answer questions which is what it sounds like you may be doing from your introduction here on this thread. Don't get me wrong Paul does a great job but like he states on his home page don't expect to hear back from him which I totally understand because he's got a lot on his plate. Anyway my issue is I have an sds100 which when hooked up to my diamond discoune mounted approximately 45 feet up on a metal mast will when monitoring distant station's on vhf hi wii intermittently cut in and out with its reception. In otherwords it will be coming in okay and then for a second it will cut out and then it will come back on for about 2 seconds and then repeat itself. Especially noticeable when listening to a distant NOAA weather station. Receives great on VHF High otherwise with local signals. Just wondering what this could be about and if other people have noticed this and if there is a solution for it. Thanks, T. T.

Priority Modes Off?

In otherwords it will be coming in okay and then for a second it will cut out and then it will come back on for about 2 seconds and then repeat itself. Especially noticeable when listening to a distant NOAA weather station. Receives great on VHF High otherwise with local signals. Just wondering what this could be about and if other people have noticed this and if there is a solution for it. Thanks, T. T.

Are all priority and Close Call modes OFF?

6079smithw

I believe this issue has been brought up before in the forum. It appears there has to be another readable wi-fi signal present in order for the AP mode to activate. I experienced this same thing during a recent cross-country road trip. If I had to restart my 536 in a remote area (plenty of those in Wyoming!) the dongle would not activate if there was no nearby signal. As soon as I could detect one on my android tablet, such as a Hotspot from an arriving truck/RV, the AP would start and run perfectly until the next time I shut off the 536. Never had the problem anywhere other than the "middle o' nowhere/no signal" scenario. I now carry an unactivated Netgear Jetpack when I'm in the outback. As long as it's on, my AP mode works as advertised. If I turn it off... nada. Hope this helps.
Frank in Reno NV

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
I believe this issue has been brought up before in the forum. It appears there has to be another readable wi-fi signal present in order for the AP mode to activate. I experienced this same thing during a recent cross-country road trip. If I had to restart my 536 in a remote area (plenty of those in Wyoming!) the dongle would not activate if there was no nearby signal. As soon as I could detect one on my android tablet, such as a Hotspot from an arriving truck/RV, the AP would start and run perfectly until the next time I shut off the 536. Never had the problem anywhere other than the "middle o' nowhere/no signal" scenario. I now carry an unactivated Netgear Jetpack when I'm in the outback. As long as it's on, my AP mode works as advertised. If I turn it off... nada. Hope this helps.
Frank in Reno NV

I meant to put that in my response too, the BCD536hp defaults on 192.168.1.1, which is the default used by many modems/routers. I would change the static IP addresses of anything using that as well to see if that helps.

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
Hello, let me just say thanks for being available to answer questions which is what it sounds like you may be doing from your introduction here on this thread. Don't get me wrong Paul does a great job but like he states on his home page don't expect to hear back from him which I totally understand because he's got a lot on his plate. Anyway my issue is I have an sds100 which when hooked up to my diamond discoune mounted approximately 45 feet up on a metal mast will when monitoring distant station's on vhf hi wii intermittently cut in and out with its reception. In otherwords it will be coming in okay and then for a second it will cut out and then it will come back on for about 2 seconds and then repeat itself. Especially noticeable when listening to a distant NOAA weather station. Receives great on VHF High otherwise with local signals. Just wondering what this could be about and if other people have noticed this and if there is a solution for it. Thanks, T. T.

No problem! the consistent intervals of the cutting out makes me wonder if you have any priorities set (this seems to coincide with the default intervals for any of the 3 priorities) I would first check to make sure your close call, Wx and channel priorities are not causing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.