Uniden update - York County/Charleston County

Status
Not open for further replies.

qball

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone upgraded their 996 or 396 to see if any improvements have been made in the 9600baud simulcast world?

I am have upgraded a 996, but haven't had much of a chance to make any kind of comparison.

Q

rmquinn3419

Premium Subscriber
qball said:
Has anyone upgraded their 996 or 396 to see if any improvements have been made in the 9600baud simulcast world?

I am have upgraded a 996, but haven't had much of a chance to make any kind of comparison.

Q

I upgraded my 396, It works even better know since i applied it.

bonus1331

That's good to hear considering I always have a problem monitoring York County with my 396 even when I'm in downtown Rock Hill.

hamstang

Premium Subscriber
qball said:

Q

I've updated my 996 to firmware 2.00.06. Can't give you a comparison, but York Co sounds mostly good from south Charlotte, stock antenna. I do notice a difference in audio level among various talk groups,and occasional distorted(encrypted?) audio but I have so far made no adjustments for digital monitoring.

Smith29180

I updated mine and usually listen to CHS and I noticed a big difference. With the analog agc gain set to -5 and digital agc gain set to +5 the sound quality is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.