Uniden update ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerk

timjude said:
Can anyone comment on the last update for the 996t on the ksp system how is it any better/worse before i do the update?Thank you!!
I can't as far as the BCD996, the BCD396 seems ok, those I picked up some noise that I not previously heard on two frequencies. But that could be something else causing it, I did not have time to check it out.

Now I can receive KSP on my analog scanner at home, it can't decode them, but the BCD396 does not receive them at home. But when I listened to them yesterday, they sounded okay, but I don't monitor them with any regularity. I guess what I'm saying, it did not seem to make things worse and they sounded better than my primary digital listening target.

Lostcreekkid

I cannot speak as for the 996 but as having a 396 the upgrade done wonders on the KSP. I have owned this one for 2 years and i could never listen to the KSP on it for all of the motorboating sounds. Now it works flawlessly.

N4DXX

Premium Subscriber
Lostcreekkid said:
I cannot speak as for the 996 but as having a 396 the upgrade done wonders on the KSP. I have owned this one for 2 years and i could never listen to the KSP on it for all of the motorboating sounds. Now it works flawlessly.
My 996t now sounds better than the gre on ksp WOW!!iIs all i can say..

cm

After reviewing all the posts about these updates I finally decided to give it a try. The 396 update went flawless. The 996 was a little more difficult but it was operator error because I wasn't following instructions and was kinda in a hurry, but all is good now. They both sound great. I can tell a bigger difference on my 396. The 396 used to have that terrible digital blurp before the transmission started but since applying the update that has gone away. So I'm very pleased with these updates to say the least!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.