Uniden X36 Phase II TDMA Voice Decoding Performance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mpanella

Premium Subscriber
Is it normal for the audio to sound much deeper (more bass) than the conventional systems.

All my trunking systems on the new 536 sounds much deeper than my conventional systems.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
From what I understand the audio has been made to more closely resemble that of a professional radio such as Motorola rather than the higher pitched scanners of old. From what people have said it sounds so good now that its almost of the quality of said Motorola audio wise.

Unfortunately having professional sounding audio has been receiving complaints too.

SCPD

QRT
Deeper?

Is it normal for the audio to sound much deeper (more bass) than the conventional systems.

All my trunking systems on the new 536 sounds much deeper than my conventional systems.

Its not deeper,its less clear. Also doesnt help the speaker is cheap and its mounted below two metal speaker grills and a thick spacer inside the radio makes it sit inside the scanner more.I removed the spacer and hacked the inside silver grill on mine,improved a tad.
The 536 has a newer decode chip in it,Im sure and I guess it translates it differnently than a 396/996xt,can a firmware update help?
Who knows,but we can all hope !

Status
Not open for further replies.