Uniden X36 Simulcast Performance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I'd favor "Hey, I just added my hugely positive report to the Wiki, go check it out."

tommypierson

MOD EDIT: You were warned. You decided not to listen. Hence your post has been deleted.
Anyone else want to have their posts deleted?
Look folks: We are all excited about the new scanners. But this thread is for BCD436HP/BCD536HP simulcast performance ONLY.
One last time let me be perfectly clear:

5EVZMPZ.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

phillydjdan

I agree that this topic should remain about testing the new product line. What I feel I need to point out is that not all systems use LSM, so reports about LSM reception on a system that does not use LSM is just a waste everyone's time. We need to know that the systems being tested are indeed simulcast systems. Hence my question as to how we tell if a system is or isn't. I just would hate to see a bunch of uneducated folks post a bunch of reviews that don't apply to what we need tested. LSM is a serious problem, and we need to know once and for all whether or not this new product line deals with it better or not. Agreed?

KC0CSE

Would it be possible to consolidate the topic of simulcast performance of the new units to this thread so it doesn't get muddled up in the mix of all the other topics?

I think a few of us are teetering on the edge of a purchase but are really wanting to know how they perform where other units struggled or outright didn't work.

I'm with you on this one all the way!!

forums manager

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Everyone, we understand you're excited for the results of the x36 scanners but muddying up this thread with questions or requests will only make this thread harder to read when someone comes to read about performance of the equipment. This thread is primarily here for experiences with the new scanners but if there are posts which help new owners provide feedback then they are satisfactory also.

So, please, wait until the scanners arrive and maintain your patience. DB Admins are slowly receiving these (mine is waiting for me at home) so you should be getting feedback soon.

SquierStrat

Are there any news about if the 436 will pick up LSM correct - or if the sound just is garble as it is in the 396xt

If there was, this thread would be the place to find it. Only a few select people have the scanner right now, and not all of them are in simulcast areas. So even though theres no reports in this thread right now, im sure there will be in time, so keep checking back.

woody_46

Would this be one of the areas of interest for an audio report?
Alabama First Responder Network Trunking System, Varies, Alabama - Scanner Frequencies
I'm just out of range but it's a nice day for a drive and I could record some audio from the system if this an example your looking for.

Wise that looks like a system from hell as far as scanners go. It would be a good test. I do have an interest since I have the 436 on order and have a Detroit simulcast system across the river from me.

SquierStrat

Looks like the "Huntsville Simulcast" site is the only simulcast site on that system.. If you can get to that area, that'd be a great start for this thread!

garys

Premium Subscriber

garys

Premium Subscriber
Wise that looks like a system from hell as far as scanners go. It would be a good test. I do have an interest since I have the 436 on order and have a Detroit simulcast system across the river from me.

For comparison purposes only, the PSR800 did OK on this system, but it isn't a simulcast system, at least not yet.

Wes

Premium Subscriber
Anyone tried it out on the Austin (Texas) system yet? Lots of simulcast layers there... And now they're linked to some counties to the west of town that are doing VHF trunked....

KC9NEG

As soon as I can afford one of these radios I'll give one a try on my feed so everyone can have a listen to a known "problem" LSM CQPSK system.

troymail

Silent Key
At the risk of behind <deleted> I'm starting to be a little concerned that those getting the early releases aren't posting anything here (other than Dan M). Are they in areas with simulcast problems? Can the beta testers (assuming they are in simulcast areas) authorized to posted their findings on this subject?

Status
Not open for further replies.