• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

unident RCS talkgroup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. New user, My name is Scott, I am a Comm Supervisor at Heartland. After a recent murder in Santee near my house, I saw a bunch of SDSO Detectives running around the neighborhood. After not hearing anything on any normal talkgroups, I was searching the South Loop and found a "unaccounted for" SDSO numbered talkgroup, with everyone encrypted. Anyone know what the channel designator is for talkgroup ID 34400? Also 34416 and 34432 are "unaccounted for" also. SDSO secret group??

Gene

Premium Subscriber
Hi Scott. Welcome.

Recent changes have been made to the Law Enforcement talkgroups. Each Sheriff Station now has 3 Tac Channels.

Santee would be known as 40Tac 1, 40Tac 2 and 40Tac 3. The old INV channels became the New Tac 2 channels. The Tac3 channels are all encrypted and not monitored by the Comm Center. I believe that they are new talkgroup numbers. Substitute the 40 in the above example with 90 for San Marcos or 80 for Rural, etc. Assignment of Tac 1 and 2 is at the Stations discretion so in the case of Santee, Tac 1 may be used by Santee City Units and Tac 2 by outlying Units.

I am unsure as to whether the Tac 3 channels are now for the Investigators or whether they also have new Talkgroup numbers.

Thanks Gene. After I sent that I read your previous post and guessed right away that 34400 was probably 50 TAC-3 coded. That makes perfect sense since I am in Santee. Thanks for the reply! Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.