Unidentified talkgroups on BMR Fleetnet Zone 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

mciupa

Database Admin
I have a submission for Zone 4 that I can't process due to lack of info.

Talkgroup 8544 has been discovered in use by the OPP in the Thunder Bay area, but the submission lacks the details of which detachment or specific area it may be long to.

If anyone knows more details please submit the information.
Thanks.

georgesharpe

georgesharpe

8544 is the 4OPS01, the main OPP talk group for Thunder Bay and region, extending from Nipigon to Dyment and including Atikokan and Rainy River for area-wide broadcasts.

G.S.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Chances are it's 4OPS21 and is a combined talkgroup for several detachments.

You can generally use Zone 2 and Zone 3 as a template for the rest of the zones except Zone 1.

Zone 1 is setup somewhat different as it was the first Zone to be implemented.

Using what they learned from Zone 1, they implemented the other Zones differently.

Last edited:

georgesharpe

georgesharpe

O.K. Mike, but can it be included as a new talkgroup, so I can hear it next time there, as for now I have had to put in the voice channels as conventionals so I can hear it.

Thanks,

G.S.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I was just thinking, chances are 4OPS21 is probably patched with 4OPS01 which is one of the Detachment talkgroups. I'm sure there's at least one or more other Detachment talkgroups patched in as well.

The older Uniden scanners don't display patches correctly and this is why the group would show up as 4OPS01.

Now that the general area of use has been identified, it should go into the database.

Status
Not open for further replies.