Union County Fire VHF to P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loverickbass

Premium Subscriber
I broke out my old Bendix King VHF radio today and noticed it won't transmit any longer. Did the county change the PL tone or do they have another way or filtering old VHFs out?

robkermit

I think a lot of radio systems changed PL tones during the rebanding process to filter out radios that had not been rebanded or were not reband compliant.

On another note it is possible that Union County has switched to the state's VIPER radio system.

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
I am in Union County every weekend.

I carry both my Vhf HT-1000 and my UHF XTS-2500 and have no issues hearing anything.

They are cross-patching County Fire, County Fire-2-4 along with EMS to the 800 Mhz channels as well.

The sheriff's department, county fire, and Ems still have their two-way patch. I can key up on VHF county fire and it will go across 800 Mhz. Same way with county sheriff and small towns police.

Monroe Fire & Police are a one way patch. You will hear them on UHF & 800 Mhz. But when you key up on Monroe Fire it doesn't kick in the repeater anymore.

County Fire, County Fireground channels and Ems have always had a PL of 103.5 Hz.
Monroe Fire has a PL of 127.3 Hz
Sheriff & Monroe Police have a PL od 114.8 Hz

Union County is piggybacking off the Char/Meck Digital P-25 system. They have talkgroups for Viper, but I don't think they are currently used.

Weid Like I said I am down there every weekend and pick-up everything dispatched.

Hope this helps

David

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.