• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

    We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

    If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Union County Police -- still EDACS??

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbott1982

Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
14
I'm getting nothing from the Union County Police when I do a trunk search. Are they still using EDACS? Hope they didn't go digital...
 

Highpockets

Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2003
Messages
3,796
Location
New Jersey
bbott1982 said:
I'm getting nothing from the Union County Police when I do a trunk search. Are they still using EDACS? Hope they didn't go digital...
If you were getting them before, maybe they rebanded, that's just a guess at this point.
 

bbott1982

Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
14
Never picked Union County up before, just got my scanner 2 days ago.

I picked up a county wide alert yesterday when i was trunk scanning. Some robbers held up a cashier at gun point yesterday. That's all I got in 2 days... I know I set this up correctly, radioreference says they're EDACS, only thing i can think of it if they either rebanded or went digital.

If anyone has luck tuning into county via trunk, let me know.
 

bbott1982

Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
14
bbott1982 said:
Never picked Union County up before, just got my scanner 2 days ago.

I picked up a county wide alert yesterday when i was trunk scanning. Some robbers held up a cashier at gun point yesterday. That's all I got in 2 days... I know I set this up correctly, radioreference says they're EDACS, only thing i can think of it if they either rebanded or went digital.

If anyone has luck tuning into county via trunk, let me know.
Here is the info I'm using:

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=652
 

DJ88

Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2003
Messages
2,070
Location
Brick Twp., New Jersey
Per the FCC database, 851.2625, 852.5625, 853.3000, and 853.6250 are not licensed to anyone in New Jersey. 851.2875 is licensed to Shindler Elevator Corp., Fair Lawn, the only licensee in New Jersey on the frequency.
 

pogbobo

Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
642
Location
VA
bbott1982 said:
Still EDACS right?

I can't seem to get anything.
if you hold on each of those channels can you find the constant control channel noise on one of them?

and if so when you hold on that channel for a while does it tell you if an TG's are in use? I don't know what model scanner you have but the pro97 will tell you ...
 

bbott1982

Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
14
pogbobo said:
if you hold on each of those channels can you find the constant control channel noise on one of them?

and if so when you hold on that channel for a while does it tell you if an TG's are in use? I don't know what model scanner you have but the pro97 will tell you ...
I wasn't getting anything...
 

Highpockets

Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2003
Messages
3,796
Location
New Jersey
DJ88 said:
Per the FCC database, 851.2625, 852.5625, 853.3000, and 853.6250 are not licensed to anyone in New Jersey. 851.2875 is licensed to Shindler Elevator Corp., Fair Lawn, the only licensee in New Jersey on the frequency.
Wouldn't they keep the same freq's and go 15 down? :confused:
 

SCPD

Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2001
Messages
65,126
Location
Virginia
They DID NOT reband and are still analog. I'm picking them up fine in Morris County.

I would double check you're settings and or take it off of trunk mode and listen for the control channel.
 

Highpockets

Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2003
Messages
3,796
Location
New Jersey
DJ88 said:
Per the FCC database, 851.2625, 852.5625, 853.3000, and 853.6250 are not licensed to anyone in New Jersey. 851.2875 is licensed to Shindler Elevator Corp., Fair Lawn, the only licensee in New Jersey on the frequency.
According to the fcc site, it doesn't look like they rebanded yet, WPKU668.

Thanks, maybe that will help bbott1982.
 

bbott1982

Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
14
res148cue said:
They DID NOT reband and are still analog. I'm picking them up fine in Morris County.

I would double check you're settings and or take it off of trunk mode and listen for the control channel.
You're using EDACS: 866.26250, 866.28750, 867.56250, 868.30000, 868.62500 ??

I get nothing, programmed this about 5 times. Doubt I'm making an error in the setup.
 

SCPD

Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2001
Messages
65,126
Location
Virginia
bbott1982 said:
You're using EDACS: 866.26250, 866.28750, 867.56250, 868.30000, 868.62500 ??

I get nothing, programmed this about 5 times. Doubt I'm making an error in the setup.

standard or narrow?

867.5625 is the control channel............for now.
 
Last edited:

bbott1982

Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
14
Maybe it is working.. just picked up 06-011 Emergency Management - Dispatch

I'm getting barely any chatter though... I'd think the county would be chirping non stop just like the state police trunk i pick up.
 

bbott1982

Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
14
Ok fellas, I've confirmed I am receiving from all talkgroups. Looks like it's working just fine, just not too much chatter going on. Thx for the help.
 

SCPD

Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2001
Messages
65,126
Location
Virginia
bbott1982 said:
Ok fellas, I've confirmed I am receiving from all talkgroups. Looks like it's working just fine, just not too much chatter going on. Thx for the help.

Union Co is quiet for the most part. But if you have unioin co. in a seperate bank you should shut off all other banks. If the scanner "sits" on a certain frequency and you get a reading on the signal strength meter, you are receiving it okay. If you press the trunk buttonand hear the control channel you are within range.

It seems like for all this time you didn't think you were receiving it, but you actually were.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top