Union county

Status
Not open for further replies.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
In the db, it looks like the Sheriff's Dept uses AWIN (they have 2 talkgroups - one labeled Dispatch, the other Investigations) but they also show some NXDN channels in the database, too.

El Dorado looks like they are conventional (per the db) but fire is DMR? Could be the db needs updated with more current info; since the fire is showing DMR I'd be surprised if the PD wasn't also DMR...but it's certainly possible they're still conventional analog FM.

jhsands

Feed Provider
Union Co SO and Eldo PD have both purchased and installed mototrbo repeaters last month.

They are awaiting installing the mobiles before switching it over. Both have implemented RAS but the primary dispatches are in the clear.

I don't remember the info off hand except it is on the same frequency as the current analog (PD) and nxdn (SO). IIRC it is 0/1/1 or 1/1/1.

On AWIN, Union County investigations is used so rarely it would not be worth putting it in for non affiliated scan. In lieu of, they use a MAC channel.

Sent from my S7 using Tapatalk.

cajunjerry

Union Co SO and Eldo PD have both purchased and installed mototrbo repeaters last month.

They are awaiting installing the mobiles before switching it over. Both have implemented RAS but the primary dispatches are in the clear.

I don't remember the info off hand except it is on the same frequency as the current analog (PD) and nxdn (SO). IIRC it is 0/1/1 or 1/1/1.

On AWIN, Union County investigations is used so rarely it would not be worth putting it in for non affiliated scan. In lieu of, they use a MAC channel.

Sent from my S7 using Tapatalk.
Thank you for both of your replies
Very helpful.

Sshaffer1

Hi all. I’m new to this site. I live in El Dorado. I have an old radio shack analog scanner. A few years ago all departments but the city became unavailable for me to hear (just heard a digital garble sound). This week the city channel started doing the same thing. Now I scrambling to get a digital scanner. They are pricey. I have no idea what to look for. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. This site’s database still lists El Dorado as FMN but I feel that needs to be updated. The Whistler WS1040 is what I’m looking at due to price.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Hi all. I’m new to this site. I live in El Dorado. I have an old radio shack analog scanner. A few years ago all departments but the city became unavailable for me to hear (just heard a digital garble sound). This week the city channel started doing the same thing. Now I scrambling to get a digital scanner. They are pricey. I have no idea what to look for. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. This site’s database still lists El Dorado as FMN but I feel that needs to be updated. The Whistler WS1040 is what I’m looking at due to price.

The website database is updated based solely on user submissions (you and I are users...) and not magic or automatic. So...you or someone from that area will have to be signed in when visiting that page in the db and click the submit button at the top and submit the updated info.

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
The county looks like a mix of DMR and NXDN. I'm just below Ashley County thus a small smidge out of range of Union County to confirm the current database. Most if not all DMR capable scanners can also do NXDN. As far as the Uniden line, which is all I have experience with, the 436HP / SDS100 (handheld) and 536HP / SDS200 (base/mobile) will all do DMR/NXDN very well with paid upgrades to enable each. I echo the statements of other member's posts, the DB relies on us users to make it better for all users. Discover and submit please!

cajunjerry

They are all on MotoTRBO. I am sitting here listening to Eldo PD, Union SO, and Eldo Fire.
154.81500 Union County Sheriff
154.74000 El Dorado PD
154.40000 El Dorado Fire
I did a close call and got the typical buzzing on them. Thanks for the info.
So the so is not on AWIN?

Sshaffer1

Thanks for the info all. I’m new here and learning. Looks like I need a DMR capable scanner to get MotoTRBO? If I understand the info that’s a P25 phase 2 capable scanner?

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info all. I’m new here and learning. Looks like I need a DMR capable scanner to get MotoTRBO? If I understand the info that’s a P25 phase 2 capable scanner?

Correct, any of the newer Uniden's are DMR capable with paid upgrade. SDS100/SDS200/436HP/536HP/996P2 etc

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
And the later Whistler ones will get it for no additional fees. Not good for a DMR trunked system but single frequencies it works fine. They or the Unidens do get P25 but also these other digital modes.

jhsands

Feed Provider
And the later Whistler ones will get it for no additional fees. Not good for a DMR trunked system but single frequencies it works fine. They or the Unidens do get P25 but also these other digital modes.

Both the Eldo PD and Union County MotoTRBO (DMR) systems are conventional linked. PD & SO are not linked together.

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
Both the Eldo PD and Union County MotoTRBO (DMR) systems are conventional linked. PD & SO are not linked together.

I don't quite understand. Sounds like you're saying El Dorado PD has a TRBO system & Union County has a completely seperate TRBO system that are "linked." Then you say they're not linked. What do you mean by "linked"?

Since you confirmed it, I assume you're calling the three separate DMR conventional frequencies "MotoTRBO (DMR) systems." Correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.