Union Pacific Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
TXEMT said:
... I am able to monitor the city pd channels here and i have never heard them on any patrol channel.

How'd you pull this off? Work at a private service that has a 911 contract? Press radio you nabbed- wish I could hear what happens in the mythological world of PROVOICE.

I agree with you though, I see them around all the time, have seen the channel pop up only very rarely though. Is the new UP Yard in SA operational now? Last I heard it was still being "built."

43g70

He probably has a MA/Com Provoice radio on the system not to affiliate.

karldotcom

Well, I saw A LOT of UP special agents yesterday chasing the UP Special from Long Beach to Santa Barbara....the head honcho agents in business attire were all wearing bluetooth ear pieces with Nextels and Blackberries....none of them had a portable radio. I assume they were on the train protecting the UP and NS Presidents. The guests on the train also were driven off in limos and busses, with u/c Explorers following them.....and the ROW where the train was overnighted was cleared of homeless people by UP uniformed officers....I assume from CA.....I have never seen so many UPPD officers in one place.....they even harrassed Amtrak patrons waiting for the Coast Starlight at the platform.

FIREPHIGHT

My father was a Capt. for UP police here in ST.louis and moved to Kc in St.louis they used Cahokia dispach on 800 mhz for there traffic stops and other police activity. there call sign is (SL 7) in Kc they used kc system not sure what there call is there

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
They still use it out here in Arizona.

I normally hear minimal traffic on it, but on two occasions I heard a lot more.

When UP844 arrived into the Cienega Creek Pass area, I was sitting off the Cienega Creek bridge watching from the other side of the bridge, and heard the helicopter that was flying along the track ahead of UP844 calling out positions of people located on the wrong side of the track to UP cops on the ground. I heard plenty more traffic when I actually moved further west and rejoined UP844 about 20 miles away and sped away with no less than six UP Cop vehicles all chatting about the traffic, and the crazy people chasing after a train and taking pictures outside their moving vehicles, et al. We, of course, were following alongside the train from Tucson to Phoenix on I-10. My own comment, they did not see very educated about what the excitement was all about UP844 !

On another occasion recently I heard them on this and a simplex frequency in the RR band, can't remember it though, sorry :) They were conducting a surveillance operation.

It was CSQ. No tones whatsoever.

KB7MIB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; U; en-US) Gecko/20081217 Vision-Browser/8.1 301x200 LG VN530)

Too bad they're simplex. I'm about a mile from the BNSF tracks along Grand Ave, and could probably hear them in Peoria/Sun City (67th to 107th Aves +/-), but I doubt there'd be a reason for them to be up here.
Are railroad police AZPOST certified?

N467RX

Panama DB Admin
Database Admin
I was wondering about the rail police in AZ. I know when 3751 ran from California there were 3 unmarked Explorers with CF- plates chasing it too, and they seemed to be fully uniformed police officers but I couldn't see what agency they were with. And according to one of my friends a BNSF police car pulled someone over on the highway for speeding while they were chasing the train on the way back, which for me sounds really like a stretch of their power (this was on a State Highway, from what I understand).

Status
Not open for further replies.