Unitrunker and pcr1000??

Status
Not open for further replies.

campd715

Premium Subscriber
Hi Rick,

Unitrunker works well using the pcr1000 for monitoring the control channel (connecting its packet 9600 bps output to Windows XP sound card (mic) and running the pcr1000 software (IC-PCR1000) on the same machine. I have to run the IC-PCR1000 program first then start Unitrunker to avoid com port conflict.

I'm just wondering if there's been any further consideration for pcr1000 voice control support? The scanners' DB-9 serial port being connected to the computers' com port that's running IC-PCR1000 would seem to complicate things.

Dennis

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
You can use the PCR-1K as a voice radio now. It gets messy when you want the radio to do both - control channel decoding and voice following. I've experimented with setting the Park frequency to a control channel frequency. It works - but it's a bit clunky.

Liverdog

Glenn, I just want to make sure that we're giving you correct information here based on this post and the previous one that you made.

I don't think the PCR1000 will decode the digital 'audio'. I'm pretty sure that control channel decoding for 'visual' purposes is what you will get, unless you attach a second radio/scanner that already has the capability to decode the P25 audio. The PCR1000 natively does not have that capability.

If you add something like the AOR ARD25 then you should be able to have a single radio solution.

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/decoders/0657.html

kd5dga

Premium Subscriber
Right now I am using my tapped pro433 as the signal source and want to use the PCR1000 as the voice radio. WIll this work?
I thought that Unitrunker decodes p-25 or just the control channel activity?

kd5dga

Premium Subscriber
Ok I feel stupid...I relize what was said above.
Ok cool. However I get great decodes on Unitrunker.

Status
Not open for further replies.