Unitrunker/BCD396XT/LTR

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkorchensky

Premium Subscriber
I am attempting to use Unitrunker with a BCD396XT to track a LTR system with no success.

I use the following settings:

CONTROL
Type - Inline
Model - BCD396XT
Role - Signal
Run Status - Running
Serial Port - Com 1
Baud Rate - 115200
Data Bits - 8
Stop Bits - 1
Parity - None
Logging
Chase
Park - 851.50000
Mode - FM
P25
ProVoice
VSELP
DECODE
Protocol - EDACS96 (Dont know why this is here. Maybe because of last system used?)
Health - 0
Lock Mode - None
APCO25 - X
EDACS 48 -
EDACS 96 - X
Motorola - X
LTR - X
Logging -
FEEDS
Publish -

I have been using Unitrunker for years with no faults, but have never been able to get LTR working.

One question is when trying to decode LTR do I sit on a control channel, or let the radio scan all 5 channels?

The system I am trying to monitor is Kitchener Ontario LTR.

If I ever get this running then the next step will be voice following,

Any help, comments, ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ralph VE3EUK

SCPD

QRT
Program the LTR system into your 396XT. Use a system quick key or other means to scan only the LTR site. Enable CC dump.

rkorchensky

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Unitrunker...one problem...that is exactly what I have done and no joy.

You did answer one question though and that is that I actually scan the channels as opposed to just sitting on one of the channels. Would it matter if it was in the scan mode as opposed to the search mode?

I am in the search mode now. Looking at the "Receivers" screen, it shows that it is running, but nothing else is happening. For example in EDACS in a few seconds another screen opens and the system is working. This just seems to sit there.

BTW I was one of your earliest users and thanks so much for a wonderful program and many hours of enjoyable monitoring.

Ralph.VE3EUK

D

DaveNF2G

To "track" a full LTR-Regular system, it is necessary for the Control scanner to be scanning all channels.

To track LTR-MultiNet or LTR-PassPort, monitoring just the home channel is sufficient. BUT - Unitrunker does not track the CC varieties of LTR (yet?).

rkorchensky

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for your input Dave.

This seems to be a bit of an oddball system. Although it claims to be "LTR Standard" I'm not totally convinced.

I'll keep playing and you're comments are interesting and appreciated.

Thanks, Ralph VE3EUK

Status
Not open for further replies.