UniTrunker Feature Request Re: Patches

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
One feature that I would like to see is the ability to dynamically rename an EDACS patch ID if a certain talkgroup is a member of that patch.

For instance, on EDACS systems patches are dynamically allocated by the system on decimal IDs 2035-2040 and 1-10. Each of those patch ID's might have a number of actual talkgroups patched to the patch ID, however the assigned patch ID can change.

I'd like it if I could define a rule that says "If X talkgroup is a member of the patch ID, then the description or 'destination party' in Unitrunker should be Y"

Otherwise, I can't label individual patch Ids with anything other that "Patch #" because they dynamically change day by day.

Thoughts?

SCPD

QRT
blantonl said:
I'd like it if I could define a rule that says "If X talkgroup is a member of the patch ID, then the description or 'destination party' in Unitrunker should be Y"

That leads to the following.

Imagine two rules:

SAID #1 inherits the label from group 50 when the group is added to the patch set.
SAID #1 inherits the label from group 100 when the group is added to the patch set.

Now the dispatcher adds BOTH 50 and 100 to SAID #1. What should the label for SAID #1 be?

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Unitrunker said:
That leads to the following.

Imagine two rules:

SAID #1 inherits the label from group 50 when the group is added to the patch set.
SAID #1 inherits the label from group 100 when the group is added to the patch set.

Now the dispatcher adds BOTH 50 and 100 to SAID #1. What should the label for SAID #1 be?

Patch Rule List (PatchRuleList) (dec,patchName,Priority)

273,Police Patch,50
561 EMS Patch,40
1043 SO Patch,50
1114 County Fire Patch,25

if patchTgList contains PatchRuleList_Member
then
patchName = PatchRuleList_Member_patchName

SCPD

QRT
I've considered including the number of the current number of talkgroups associated with an active patch to appear in parenthesis in the patch label. For the text label, I've considered cycling through the group labels at a rate of 3 or 4 per second (or even scroll horizontally left-to-right inside the grid cell). However, combining your idea with the patch count is less work.

To accommodate - I can add two extra fields to each talkgroup - a patch label and patch priority.

Here's the direction I'm leaning at the moment ...

If a patched group ID already has a label - display that as the label or "alpha tag". This means that Motorola systems - for the most part - will always display the super-group's label.

So ... for EDACS - provided the SAID's text label is blank ... the patch label of the highest ranking member is displayed. If the higher ranking member does not have a patch label - the group label is used.

For two patched groups that tie on priority - the listening priority can be used as a tie breaker. For groups that tie on listen and patch priority - flip a coin.

You can, of course, always click the "Patches" tab to see the patch relationships.

SCPD

QRT
Done. The patch alias will also assume the color assigned to the group with the highest patch alias priority. What scares me most about this feature is explaining it to a new user.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, you could create an advanced option that enables this feature, otherwise maintain the existing behavior.

For instance, the option could be:

Auto Patch Naming: [yes] no

Status
Not open for further replies.