Unitrunker Nassau County 500 MHz System Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
Good Evening,

I am trying to setup Unitrunker on the Nassau County 500 MHz trunked system but having a little bit of trouble getting it to start decoding the system and looking for a little bit of help on where I am going wrong in the settings. Attached are some screen shots of my settings. I am currently using a BCD396XT

Thanks,

1549515051288.png

1549515104716.png

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I'm confused, you have a 396XT but you've set the receiver to 396T? Also make sure that the scanner is sitting on the control channel and has C-Ch Output enabled.

Better yet, ditch the scanner and buy a $30 RTL dongle and use that instead. Dedicating a digital scanner to Unitrunker is a waste of resources.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
How many radios are you using?
Do you have a radio on the control channel setup to monitor the control channel and a second radio setup as a voice follow radio?

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Since you are just using the one radio
Plug the BCD996XT into your computer and set the CC output on. You need the basic output, not the full.
Then set up your UT to inline, set the serial port, and also set the baud rate.

If your scanner is setting on the control channel and you see the WACN and Site ID on the display on the 996, you should be able to start seeing decode on UT once you start the receiver.

You won't be able to monitor any audio without a 2nd receiver attached as the voice radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.