Unitrunker Release 28

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
The two most notable features are a working Hold button and ability to support analog and digital calls from a single discriminator tapped voice following receiver.

New Features

Separate audio paths for analog vs. digital voice calls. Allows you to pipe digital voice to a third-party decoder like DSD or DSD+. Gating for analog vs. digital voice. Digital path muted during analog call. Analog path muted during digital call.
Deemphasis check box to HP-1E and wave input (eg. discriminator tapped) receivers.
Added Radio Shack PRO-651 and PRO-652.
Added Whislter WS-1080 and WS-1095.
Display voice service type in receiver window.
P25 scan marker.
Remove obsolete MPT ignore sync option (was replaced by auto-sync).
Include voice service type in channel passed to remote DLL.
Improved merging of sites - now includes bandplan and peer list.
Log active flag on RFSSStatusBroadcast.
Fade animation to honor TTL as well as user's fade interval; TTL defaults to ~3 seconds.
Model AR3000A avaiable (experimental).

Bug Fixes

Hold button on receiver window actually works; Skip takes receiver out of hold.
Checking / un-checking receiver logging options requires re-starting receiver to take effect.
Don't force signal role bank programmable Uniden models into manual mode.
EDACS extended options value was mangled.
Voice role with chase checked was changing park frequency on tuner event.
Fixed deemphasis bug (not set at startup).
Include LCN in channel passed to remote DLL (was zero).
Voice following tweaks for Hold.
A call grant whose IDs matched an active call - but for a different site or system - yanked the call to the call grant's channel.
Logoff cleared subscriber's talkgroup.
XML write fix for buffer size limit check.
Deemphasis now persists.

Version 1.0.28.4

Index of /download

S

screamin72

Nice work Rick! It's working! I feel like I am listening to a high tech fancy scanner!

DeKP

I did the upgrade and had to go back to the previous version. I could not get it to save my freqs that I entered. The previous version does the same thing. It will hold my freqs for a few days then they will be gone. Do I need to uninstall before I upgrade? I also could not get the voice to set up for me. Any suggestions?
Thanks

SCPD

QRT
I did the upgrade and had to go back to the previous version. I could not get it to save my freqs that I entered. The previous version does the same thing. It will hold my freqs for a few days then they will be gone.
What system are you monitoring?

Do I need to uninstall before I upgrade?
Usually not necessary but does no harm.

I also could not get the voice to set up for me. Any suggestions?
Yes: Keep asking questions like these! You'll eventually get an answer.

nlurker

Thanks for the update!! Really appreciate your work!

It does appear that priorities 51-99 still do not work. Are you aware of this issue?

Last edited:

nlurker

Yes 49 works. It is anything greater than 50 that does not work. I read in the instructions that 1-99 should work, but I have never been able to get anything greater than 50 to work.

deboe

This is the way I understand the priority. Correct me if I am wrong.

1 = Highest priority.

All new talkgroups and radios start their life as a priority 50. So they are all even.

Then in the options tab for the program is a option named Listen with a priority of 50 by default.
Anything that is greater than that priority is all given the same lowest priority.

If you set that to 100, I believe you will then be able to set 1 - 100 like you expect.

Deboe

nlurker

That is my understanding as well, and exactly what I would like to do. But it doesn't work.

1 - 50 works as you describe. 51+ does not. Please try it and see.

vince48

Premium Subscriber
Help,
I'm trying to get Unitrunker and DSDPlus to work. I have got in my signal receiver the digital output to VC1, I have tried both my ARO5000 and R820T. Nothing out of DSDPlus, who's input is VC1.

Excatly how do you setup Unitrunker signal receiver to work with DSDPlus?

vince48

DeKP

I am decoding PV. The signals are sporadic at best due to limited usage, which means I don’t get time to tweak.. I’m using a tapped BCT 15 (not an X) with a rtl dongle. Other than my lack of understanding, I think a bit part of my problem PC. It’s 6 yrs old, 3 gig of mem and a dual core. Guess it is time to upgrade.

SCPD

QRT
Thanks DekP.

Knowing the system you're monitoring is EDACS helps alot.

EDACS has no system identity. When you point a signal decoding receiver at the control channel, the program has no easy way to know the identity of the system you are monitoring. It only knows the site number.

The program copes with this by prompting you for the control channel frequency. The site number, control channel LCN number and control channel frequency provide a strong correlation to distinguish one EDACS system from another.

The problem for you is that - when the signal drops (or the control channel moves) and is re-acquired - the program must re-discover the identity of the system. You will see a new site - with empty channels - and the prompt "Frequency needed!" next to the control channel. If you type in the control channel frequency at that time, the program can match the site to a previously logged site - and switch to it.

To save you the hassle of having to type in the frequency each time this happens - the program tries to retrieve the control channel frequency from the radio. If you have an inline model, a "both" receiver (computer controlled receiver with discriminator tapped audio), or an RTL stick - the program may be able to retrieve the control channel frequency and switch to the previously logged site.

The program's ability to do so varies from one model to the next. Last I checked, my BC895XLT and RTL2832U stick did this just fine but my PSR500 did not (it's on my list of things to fix).

There is a receiver setting that may help you here. The setting gives you a way to tell the program that the specific receiver will be dedicated to a specific site. Look for the "Lock Mode" setting on the signal receiver. With the receiver running and the site window active, flip the lock mode to "Dedicated".

The next time the signal drops, the program assumes you have NOT yanked the receiver to a monitor a different site. When you wish to monitor a different site or system, be sure to set the Lock Mode back to "None".

Another tool the program gives you to cope with this problem is the Consolidate button on the System window. At some point you may end up with two copies (or more) of the same EDACS system. If you've monitored the same site from different control channels, the program may not realize they are the same site. If you know this to be the case, you can manually merge the two systems (and any sites contained therein) into one. Do take care when using this feature - as it is not reversible.

I know this is a bit of a pain but - so far - it's the best mechanism I've found for preventing the data from unrelated sites polluting another site just because they share the same site number.

SCPD

QRT
I'm trying to get Unitrunker and DSDPlus to work. I have got in my signal receiver the digital output to VC1, I have tried both my ARO5000 and R820T. Nothing out of DSDPlus, who's input is VC1.
You don't pair DSD/DSD+ with the signal receiver. You pair it with a voice receiver.

If your voice receiver provides discriminator audio, it will have one audio device input selection and two audio device output settings. One output for piping speech filtered analog voice. Normally this goes to your PC speakers. The other output is for piping discriminator audio to a third party program like DSD or DSD+. Look for the "Analog Audio" and "Digital Audio" device selections on your voice role receiver.

I set my digital output to "Virtual Cable Input #1". If you're running DSD+, use the "-i" switch to specify the corresponding virtual audio cable output. On my laptop, the virtual cable output is the second device in DSD+'s list of input devices so I could use "-i2" to run DSD+.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
Since I am a little new to the decoding stuff. May I ask if this update allow me use it with my 436HP ?

Thanks.

SCPD

QRT
I've not seem any information from Uniden that would allow me to support this model.

Outside of hand-soldering a discriminator tap to this model, I'd suggest purchasing a pair of RTL2832U based USB stick with an R820T tuner. They're cheap ($20 for two) and won't tether your '436HP to a computer.

nlurker

I've never heard of this. How and where are you setting the priority?

2 places: options tab and groups tab. Priorities greater than 50 in either place don't produce the expected behavior.

A quick way to observe the problem is to set a busy group to a priority greater than 50, while the listen priority in options is still set to the default of 50. This should mute that group, shouldn't it? But it doesn't.

If you need more information to observe the problem, please let me know. If I am doing something wrong, please let me know.

joeuser

The Wretched
I'm sorry I meant 51 lower than default. Either way its working for me on Unitrunkers previous version. I haven't upgraded yet. I'm on a P25p1 system using 800 range. Not sure what else to share in order to compare notes...

Status
Not open for further replies.