Unitrunker works but no output from DSDplus

Status
Not open for further replies.

exponent

Unitrunker successfully finds the channels in a channel group but I get no audio or any other activity in DSDplus. This is what it shows which as far as I know is correct.

0 radio records loaded
0 group records loaded
0 site records loaded
0 network records loaded

audio input device #1 = 'CABLE Output (VB-Audio Virtual '
audio input device #2 = 'Microphone (Logitech Wireless H'

audio output device #1 = 'Speakers (Logitech Wireless Hea'
audio output device #2 = 'CABLE Input (VB-Audio Virtual C'
audio output device #3 = 'Digital Audio (S/PDIF) (High De'

audio input device #1 (CABLE Output (VB-Audio Virtual ) initialized
audio output device #1 (Speakers (Logitech Wireless Hea) initialized

D-STAR decoding enabled
NXDN4800 decoding enabled
NXDN9600 decoding enabled
DMR/MotoTRBO decoding enabled
P25 Phase 1 decoding enabled
X2-TDMA decoding enabled
ProVoice decoding enabled

I have 2 SDR-RTL dongles and SDRsharp works perfectly. It is the trunking that is giving me headaches.

frazpo

Sounds like your issue may be in your unitrunker output. Make sure your voice receiver is set to Virtual Audio Cable on the Digital Output section.

I am shooting in the dark here. You may want to post pics of your receiver settings.

exponent

Unitrunker screenshots

Attached are screenshots of unitrunker. I am new to this and think it is setup correctly as I watched several videos. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• unitrunker.jpg
    unitrunker.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 435

usswood

change your squelch to 0 for voice receive and see if that helps...

On signal...change audio output to Microsoft sound mapper
change digital output to unspecified

I also have deemphasis checked on both voice and signal

Also, did you change your recording devices to Cable output from Mic or line in?

Last edited:

exponent

I checked deemphasis and made the changes required to Signal. I also adjusted squelch. I also made sure that both dongles are working which they are. I made sure the default recording device is VBcable.

One thing I noticed is that in the tab marked scope there is a waveform for signal but none for voice. I dont know if this is normal or not.

usswood

I checked deemphasis and made the changes required to Signal. I also adjusted squelch. I also made sure that both dongles are working which they are. I made sure the default recording device is VBcable.

One thing I noticed is that in the tab marked scope there is a waveform for signal but none for voice. I dont know if this is normal or not.

that is normal until a voice channel is being received then you would see a waveform signal... Is it working now?

exponent

It's not working and it is a busy trunk group but I get zero audio and the DSD screens only display the startip information.

willwjr

Premium Subscriber
I compared your setup to mine, and the only difference I see is you have Analog, P25, and ProVoice selected in the Voice section of the VCO screen. I was having the same struggles you were until I selected only the P25.

pinkfish457

FYI, Unitrunker Version 2, available free from Google Groups/Unitrunker will decode P25 without DSD+. All you need to do is go to the Google Groups, sign-up. There are several new versions on the site, the latest Version 2, release 0, preview 63, is the one I'm using. If you need screen shots let me know.

pinkfish457

foxtail

Premium Subscriber
I signed up to the unitrunk group about 6 weeks ago and never did get a respond from anyone, no email, no reply. So is there any other place to get the newer ver. of unitrunker?

nosig55

FYI, Unitrunker Version 2, available free from Google Groups/Unitrunker will decode P25 without DSD+. All you need to do is go to the Google Groups, sign-up. There are several new versions on the site, the latest Version 2, release 0, preview 63, is the one I'm using. If you need screen shots let me know.

pinkfish457

Thanks for the info. I didn't know about this. Signed up and was approved in a few minutes. It's working good without DSD+.

nosig55

Attached are screenshots of unitrunker. I am new to this and think it is setup correctly as I watched several videos. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Your health might be a bit low, (25) I don't get good decode unless health is up fairly high. Moving the antenna just a bit will sometimes make a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.