Unknown 900Mhz TRS in/near Charlotte/Concord

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitroboie

Hey, I found a Motorola TRS system with a CC of 937.1625 and Sys-ID of 5D24. Anyone know who this system belongs to?

I've only heard one active TG on it and it was 1296, and the person talked about an outage in an apartment.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I don't know how close this is to Charlotte. Try this:

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/license.jsp?licKey=2445889

If this is indeed the system, you probably should submit it RR DB with the sysid and active license.

CRESCENT ELECTRIC MEMBERSHIP CORP
===========================
WPVY863

Anderson Mountain
Denver, NC (Catawba Co)

Pores Knob
Moravian Falls, NC (Wilkes Co)

Off Old Highway 70 near Cleveland
Cleveland, NC (Rowan Co)

Highway 115 North
Cornelius, NC (Mecklenburg Co)

Mike

CFP387

mtindor said:
Off Old Highway 70 near Cleveland
Cleveland, NC (Rowan Co)

That tower site you are referring to is actually named "Young Mountain" and it is located in the community of Barber just outisde of Cleveland, NC at the end of Mountain Road off old US Highway 70.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
CFP387 said:
That tower site you are referring to is actually named "Young Mountain" and it is located in the community of Barber just outisde of Cleveland, NC at the end of Mountain Road off old US Highway 70.

Thanks, I wouldn't know that since I"m from Ohio. But you guys who are familiar with one or more of the sites and the specifics of the system should submit the information to radioreference so that an actual database entry can be made for this system.

You seem to know the terrain and sites, and nitroboie has got a lead on at least one control channel for the Anderson Mtn site. And it is known to be Motorola. Obviously can answer whether the system is analog or digital and maybe can be more specific, and perhaps you can as well. You guys should document everything you know in this thread and then request it be submitted to the rrdb for those who want to listen to it.

Mike

FireCop

Public Safety Grunt
Premium Subscriber
Energy United

Crescent merged with another co-op a few years back to form Energy United. It is in the RR DB because I submitted it. It hasn't been updated in quite awhile.

Getting talkgroup info was quite tough as it is mostly active during day hours or storms and outages. I used to could pick up two of their sites (Anderson Mtn. & Young Mtn./Cool Springs). The Cornelius site was never active, just licensed. The talkgroups would be in three digits on one site and four digits on another.

FireCop

Public Safety Grunt
Premium Subscriber
Site/Talkgroup Info

I forgot to mention regarding this TRS that last time I checked the Cornelius site was not active, though it has a valid FCC license. The Moravian Falls site does seem to be active. I don't get in that area enough to keep track of it. Denver and Cleveland sites are pretty active.

If anyone has a chance to listen in, please try to help identify the talkgroups. Many times they will have designations of "2D" etc. for their talkgroups.

It also seems not all talkgroups are active on all sites. There are several unidentified ones listed in the RR DB.

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.