• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Unknown channel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Occasionally I hear activity in denver,many times a select group will switch the ?isp" channel?anyone know what the "isp" channel is?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Scan-Denver

Premium Subscriber
Occasionally I hear activity in denver,many times a select group will switch the ?isp" channel?anyone know what the "isp" channel is?

I think you mean "ISD" channel. There are 3 of them ie (ISD-1, ISD-2, ISD-3). I'll leave it up to someone else to tell you what those channels are used for.

I assume it's school channel?, or maybe Internet based dispatch radio to radio? Don't hear it much,but usually when task force is up

I assume it's school channel?, or maybe Internet based dispatch radio to radio? Don't hear it much,but usually when task force is up
That would be a pretty far off assumption to make. The fact that you don't hear it being referenced until a task force is involved should be a major hint.

dw2872

Premium Subscriber
Here is another snide remark from me. That is the channel they go to when they don't want YOU to hear them.

Status
Not open for further replies.