Unknown DMR CAP+ (Hamilton Area)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbstone99

I have for a very long time been hearing a CAP+ Idle Rest Channel on 452.8125 CC 3..

I have my SDR decoding this.. but there is not much action on it .. and so far no other frequencies have been reported.

TG 12014110
RID 42716, 42734 & 42766

They was a bit of radio traffic this morning between 7:23 & 9:28 this morning but nothing since. The idle rest channel is on Slot 2 and the voice is on Slot 1.

The only things here listed in Hamilton is UPS up at the Hamilton Airport and Federal Marine Terminals down the road from me at Pier 12.

Matt

Last edited:

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I think Purolator also has a presence at John C. Munro. Might see some activity later in the day when packages fly out.

mbstone99

I think Purolator also has a presence at John C. Munro. Might see some activity later in the day when packages fly out.

I have sat outside of the courier side at John C Munro and hear a lot of conventional action probably from UPS/Purolator/etc but never recall hearing an DMR activity. I have been monitoring it all day and there been barely any new real action just another TG 12014120 with a brief key up, no RID was recorded.. It seems way too little action for UPS so I have a feeling this could very well be Federal Marine. I might have to drive over there at some point and do some scanning with my 436.

Matt

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
Any idea if Westjet is still using analog? I had heard they had switched to DMR at another airport.

mbstone99

Any idea if Westjet is still using analog? I had heard they had switched to DMR at another airport.

They are licensed for 408.0125 at JCM.. but don't know if they are active on that frequency. I do hear other stuff on that frequency, I believe is Mission Services down the road from me. I am not down in that area of the airport that often and when and if I am it's usually late at night.

Matt

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
I've verified it a few times but the last time was a couple of years ago.

They're licenced for DMR in a few places but it looks like Hamilton is still analog.

mbstone99

I have for a very long time been hearing a CAP+ Idle Rest Channel on 452.8125 CC 3..

I have my SDR decoding this.. but there is not much action on it .. and so far no other frequencies have been reported.

TG 12014110
RID 42716, 42734 & 42766

They was a bit of radio traffic this morning between 7:23 & 9:28 this morning but nothing since. The idle rest channel is on Slot 2 and the voice is on Slot 1.

The only things here listed in Hamilton is UPS up at the Hamilton Airport and Federal Marine Terminals down the road from me at Pier 12.

Matt

Not sure if my dongle was misbehaving before but I am getting a new set of TG's.. 201 & 202.. with RID's in the 20k range.. I was hearing these earlier on 436HP and verified them as correct with my dongle. I have the system being monitored so I will see if I can pin what this is down.

Matt

mbstone99

So it looks like there are maybe two Cap+ systems.. and originally I was sort of right.. the one I can get with my regular antenna.. which i believe more so but still haven't confirmed it is the Federal Marine Terminals.. they us CC 3 with TG's 201 & 202.. then I can also receive with a mag mount antenna in my window a Cap+ system using CC 6.. with TG's 12014110 & TG 12014120. Not sure if they are both Cap+ but I going to further investigate..

Matt

mciupa

Darn it. I'm sitting at the Tim's near Rymal and Trinity Church reading this. I only have a HomePatrol-2 with me so I can't use my time to help.

My son's doing some contamination readings at Lake Niapenco until 1 pm today, then we are heading back to Toronto. I'll amuse myself with other systems until then.

mbstone99

There is a single DMR somewhere around Hamilton or maybe on of the neighbouring cities that I have been hearing here on my mag mount.. 451.6625 CC 5.. I have heard TG 10 but so far they haven't talked enough or long enough to figure out what this one is.

Matt

mbstone99

I am about 99.9% sure that the Cap+ system with CC of 3 is the Federal Marine Terminals up near Pier 12 in Hamilton. I was driving around the back roads around the plant without my antenna connected. I was picking up the CAP+ along Wentworth St N and Oliver St which is a stones throw away from where they are located on Flank Road which unfortunately you can't get to via a public road.

Matt

mbstone99

There is a single DMR somewhere around Hamilton or maybe on of the neighbouring cities that I have been hearing here on my mag mount.. 451.6625 CC 5.. I have heard TG 10 but so far they haven't talked enough or long enough to figure out what this one is.

Matt

So I believe I figured out who this is..it's St Joseph's Hospital West 5th Campus.. I have been monitoring it on my SDR the past couple nights and heard tonight what sounded like security mentioning something about ICC whcih is some patient care program at St Joseph's. I checked the TAFL and found the West 5th Campus is licensed as Paladin Security at the hospital's address up on the mountain. Also from this article (https://paladinsecurity.com/blog/behind-scenes/paladin-security-st-joseph’s-healthcare-hamilton) from 2014 it does look like they do the security for that campus..

Matt

mbstone99

Back a few nights ago I sat outside the cargo area at JCM for about an hour or so.. and logged these frequencies with lots of cargo unloading/loading type traffic.. most of these frequencies where very busy with traffic.

454.2250 DCS306
453.7000 DCS306
452.3625/457.3625 DCS306
454.2000 DCS351
456.7875 DCS125
451.7875 DCS205

Matt

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.