Unknown Philadelphia TG

Status
Not open for further replies.

CommJunkie

Edited because I got yelled at

Heard talk of Heroin, Cocaine, etc...so I can only assume this is a Narcotics TGID, but just wanted to double-check and see if anyone knew for sure. It's not listed in the DB.

Last edited:

Audiodave1

Database Admin
We do not list those TG's in the dB for the safety of those on the operations. The fact that you were able to hear it is a testament to the fact that sensitive groups have not been posted for all to see. Once that happens they WILL be back to full time encryption.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
I've heard a couple today...

ID 343, 439, and 664.

439 I'm hearing 19th district activity on.

These also seem odd as they are not in the normal sequence as most of the other PD TGID's.

CommJunkie

If the operators are so concerned about their safety, they shouldn't be using clear, analong, unencrypted transmissions. It doesn't matter if the ID is listed on a database or not. It was picked up by my scanner. The fact that this ID didn't have a name tag on it didn't change the transmission any. They were clear and concise in their transmission. What difference does it make if I can hear them with an alpha tag or without one? It can still be heard. If it were a different frequency, maybe I wouldn't be so uptight about it, but they are on the same system as anyone else, so all the frequencies are already listed.

ok...I'm off my soapbox now.

Audiodave1 said:
We do not list those TG's in the dB for the safety of those on the operations. The fact that you were able to hear it is a testament to the fact that sensitive groups have not been posted for all to see. Once that happens they WILL be back to full time encryption.

ctrabs74

Skypilot007 said:
I've heard a couple today...

ID 343, 439, and 664.

439 I'm hearing 19th district activity on.

These also seem odd as they are not in the normal sequence as most of the other PD TGID's.

Status bits, perhaps?

Audiodave1

Database Admin
Yep,
When they have a major incident and the district TG get's patched to J band (or others) this will show up as +3

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.