Unknown talkgroups on James City System

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuttleje

When I have been monitoring the James City County/Williamsburg/York County system with Pro96, I observed several previously unidentified talkgroups. The unidentified talkgroups are 1105, 1106, and 1107. The radio I.D. numbers on the system are formatted as 532xx. These are very similar to the radio numbers of the James City County Police (51xxx and several 53xxx). However, I have never heard any of the new 532xx numbers on known JCPD talkgroups. The 532xx series are probably handheld radios. In the James City County PD radios, a "2" in the third digit of the radio ID signifies a handheld. About 80% of the transmissions are encrypted. Since I heard someone ask to open the "sally port door", I believe it could be related be the Merrimac Center (Juvenile Detention) next to the Virginia Peninsula Regional Jail (talkgroups 1165 and 1166). Since the VPRJ uses radio ID numbers 632xx, I don't think the unknown talkgroups are assigned to the VPRJ.

Last edited:

tuttleje

I have possibly identified talkgroup 1105 as the Williamsburg-James City Sheriff's Office. Since they provide courtroom security at the Williamsburg-James City Courthouse, this would account for hearing someone ask to open the "sally port door". Further, I have never heard radio traffic on this system after 5:00 PM. As soon as I confirm this data, I will post it on the database for the James City/Williamsburg/York County system.

kc4jgc

When you can confirm, please drop a mesage to KG4RGN, the editor of the HRSP Williamsburg/JCC/York page. Larry has TG's 1105 & 1106 listed with "??". Apparently he has only been able to log it only while encrypted. He doesn't have 1165/1166 listed yet. I'm sure he'll appreciate additional info to post. If you prefer, e-mail me and I'll forward to Larry. Both our e-mail addresses are on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.