Unlisted UCAN Sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

gadgetmikey

Site 41 is Humpy Peak (Control 866.3375, Backup 868.0375)
WQGN997

Site 12 is Medicine Butte (Control 868.5500, Backup 868.2625)
WQAV263 This site is currently listed in the database as site 57

The other Wyoming site listed as 51 Hickey Mountain I could not find and the FCC database shows it as canceled so I don't think that one is active.

I think that site 42 is Echo Peak WQGN907 (Control 866.3625) but I have not verified yet, and I think site 43 is American Fork Canyon but also I have not checked this one out.

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
I show 868.0375 as also being a voice channel for Site 16 (last hit was March 22)
868.5500 is currently CC for Site 11
868.2625 was voice channel for Site 30 (last hit was March 11)
Maybe double use of some freqs?

Is Echo Peak in Nevada?

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
UCAN Sites

gldavis said:
Is Echo Peak in Nevada?
No, it's up Echo Canyon (see WQGN907).

I know gadgetmikey has been working on these sites for some time, so if there's no objection I'll try to update the UCAN Sites to reflect both of your findings. Let me know if there's anything else to add or modify.

-Tim

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
American Fork Canyon

gadgetmikey said:
I think site 43 is American Fork Canyon but also I have not checked this one out.
There's a UCAN license for American Fork Canyon: WQGN901. It would have limited coverage in the canyon bottom, but at least it's at a bend in the road.

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
UCAN Site Update

Okay, I added Humpy Peak and Echo Peak with the frequencies gadgetmikey provided, and I changed Medicine Butte to site 12 and put a question mark by Hickey Mountain for now. Hopefully we can confirm these and find all the voice channels at some point. I'll be driving through Echo Canyon in a couple weeks so I'll see what I can log at 70 MPH. :lol:

Gary, at first I thought you were adding additional information, but now I see you were commenting on the use of some frequencies by multiple sites. That seems to be pretty common on statewide systems (when they're far enough apart to prevent interference).

Thanks guys!

-Tim

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
Humpy Peak

Junior1970 said:
Which county does Humpy Peak cover?
It's in central Summit County just north of Mirror Lake. So it would cover Hwy 150 between Kamas and Evanston. Wasatch-Cache National Forest also has a repeater on Humpy, along with a few others in that general area.

-Tim

bneilson

Premium Subscriber
I will be in that area toward the end of the month and can do some checking if things are still in question then...

Junior1970

American Fork Canyon

theaton said:
There's a UCAN license for American Fork Canyon: WQGN901. It would have limited coverage in the canyon bottom, but at least it's at a bend in the road.

You get about 1/3 mile into AF Canyon and you get it. I also can pick it up at the top of Cedar Pass entering Eagle Mountain near the golf course. The data channel is the same is as Ford Ridge in Carbon County. The only voice freq I've heard is 866.6625 and from what I've heard it's only a three channel site due to the lack of area and the fact that the site is near the narrow part of the canyon. Radio coverage is further carried on SR92 through the Alpine Loop to Provo Canyon by the Wasatch Simo site at Sundance. The highway that takes you up to Tibble Fork Reservoir and Silver Lake Flat is carried by the site at Clayton.

Junior1970

theaton said:
It's in central Summit County just north of Mirror Lake. So it would cover Hwy 150 between Kamas and Evanston. Wasatch-Cache National Forest also has a repeater on Humpy, along with a few others in that general area.

-Tim

Thanks. I heard the UCAN engineers on TG 4096 talk about Humpy but never knew where it was. I will have to add it to the rest of the Summit County stuff.

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
American Fork Canyon

Junior1970 said:
You get about 1/3 mile into AF Canyon and you get it. I also can pick it up at the top of Cedar Pass entering Eagle Mountain near the golf course. The data channel is the same is as Ford Ridge in Carbon County. The only voice freq I've heard is 866.6625 and from what I've heard it's only a three channel site due to the lack of area and the fact that the site is near the narrow part of the canyon. Radio coverage is further carried on SR92 through the Alpine Loop to Provo Canyon by the Wasatch Simo site at Sundance. The highway that takes you up to Tibble Fork Reservoir and Silver Lake Flat is carried by the site at Clayton.
Thanks Junior1970. That's good info on the American Fork Canyon Site. Do you know if that's Site 43 as gadgetmikey suggested?

Maybe I should add this site to encourage everyone to check it out, even if we don't know all the details yet. I wonder if Timpanogos Cave has a TG? :)

-Tim

Junior1970

theaton said:
Thanks Junior1970. That's good info on the American Fork Canyon Site. Do you know if that's Site 43 as gadgetmikey suggested?

Maybe I should add this site to encourage everyone to check it out, even if we don't know all the details yet. I wonder if Timpanogos Cave has a TG? :)

-Tim

Not sure on the site number. The only traffic on that site is Utah County sheriff, who patrol the canyon, SAR, UDOT, UHP, and Lone Peak Fire/EMS who cover that area.

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
American Fork Canyon UCAN site added

Junior1970 said:
Not sure on the site number. The only traffic on that site is Utah County sheriff, who patrol the canyon, SAR, UDOT, UHP, and Lone Peak Fire/EMS who cover that area.
I added the American Fork Canyon site with a question mark based on gadgetmikey's reported site number, Junior1970's reported control frequency, and the FCC information. Let me know if these are confirmed and if more control/voice frequencies are found (the license lists several possibilities).

-Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.