Up Close Radio Scanning - Officeworks

Status
Not open for further replies.

rustynswrail

Interesting that you would advertise that you are using an unlicenced radio and operating with it on a frequency that you are not licenced to use.

R

rustynswrail

Unless the radio has the TX mechanically disabled, you are still in breach of the Radiocommunications Act. That is you are in possession of the device that is; not type approved for use in Australia, that is capable of transmitting and you don't hold a valid licence (or letter of authority from licenced holder) to operate on the frequencies programmed in the radio. Fines are substantial for any and all the breaches above.

R

pb_lonny

Unless the radio has the TX mechanically disabled, you are still in breach of the Radiocommunications Act. That is you are in possession of the device that is; not type approved for use in Australia, that is capable of transmitting and you don't hold a valid licence (or letter of authority from licenced holder) to operate on the frequencies programmed in the radio. Fines are substantial for any and all the breaches above.

R

Thanks for the heads up. I have contacted the ACMA to confirm exactly what they require and will remove the TX if required.

Sparkz71

R

The radio frequency is licensed for 5w (8.3w EIRP) TX at 2 meters height. Simplex 462.1 Mhz.
https://web.acma.gov.au/rrl/assignment_search.lookup?pEFL_ID=1477270. It's only good 'within-premises'. I don't know exactly what that means as far as range etc..

That does not mean 'anybody' can use the frequency. Only approved licence holders - in various forms.
If you are employed by the license holder I guess you are safe.

Otherwise, like 'rusty' said - Don't TX without approval. Unless you wish to be a guest of Her Majesty?

Sparkz71

Remove the TX Freq(s) unless approved commercially, otherwise TX on CB (27/477).

pb_lonny

I was never using this to TX, TX was disabled both per frequency and globally via the software. After the advice on here (thanks for making me aware) and my own enquires via the ACMA I have disposed of this radio. I am now just using a UBC126AT scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.