update on the mobile co edacs radio system

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcems79

the city of mobile plans on switching over to the edacs system by the end of the year or the first of next year, they are waiting on the rebanding to take place on the current motorola system, some of the freq's on the edacs system will be rebanded also the bad news is when the city does switch over to edacs they will be using provoice so you will not be able to scan them any longer however as far as i know all the county agency's will still be analog. the new towers shown on the database will be a simulcast system with the springhill tower, also the plan is to add more freq's to the wilmer & salco towers and in the near future they plan on adding a tower at the mobile co/washington co line near the new steel mill i will keep everyone updated as i get more info

ScannerWayne

Well you know this just sucks... I obtained a BCD996 a few weeks ago and this morning have finally gotten the thing set up the way I want it with the county and city systems. Now to learn that the the city is going to a mode that I won't be able to listen too. That really sucks...

My dad was planning on buying a 396t in the next couple of weeks; guess I'll have to break the news to him before he does. He may want to hold onto his money for another type of radio. Well... Isn't this just a fine mess...

Wayne
N4SZY

SCPD

QRT
Its' Not all that bad, The Montgomery county/city ( PD & fire)went that route here about 5 years ago, only main PD dispatch is analog , as well as the Mutual aid groups, County SO has a few more Analog but Still lots to listen to
Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.