• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Updated shack nyc

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my updated desk shack.

A Motorola CDM1550LS+ UHF monitoring Queens, NYC
And just picked up today -
A Motorola XTL2500 UHF to replace the CDM

The XTL needs a new codeplug, so I am working on that. I ordered the new power accessories connector to power the XTL via a Astron continuous duty power supply.
So now it’s all about the programming if I can find it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

03msc

Premium Subscriber
Nice pair of radios. Motorola software will be on your businessonline.motorolasolutions.com account.

Is it particularly hard to make a new codeplug? I’ve done it with an XTS5000 but that was years ago. It’s gonna be a great receiver.

4-19-18. Updated the desk and cleaned it up. I need to invest into a bigger power supply to run the XTL2500 and the CDM1550LS+ on 1 power

All radios are RX only. The mic just makes it look cool. I have a Motorola MC65 I’m still trying to figure out how to make it into a mapping device.

03msc

Premium Subscriber
I have a small one ran from the power supply to a powerpoles distribution block and then 3 radios (rx only) connected to that - no issues. For rx only I'm with KG4INW - you shouldn't have any issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.