Updating Favorites from Sentinel

Status
Not open for further replies.

glimerman

Premium Subscriber
i have a question for you guys about updating the data base from sentinel . say i update the list once a week or so i know it updates the full list . now i made favorites and i rename stuff . will it update my favorites or do i have to do that manually? i see a option in the scanner to update the favorites when in the edit favorites settings . now if it does update my favorites lists will it overwrite my stuff and settings ? newbie here any info on this would be great..

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Favorites Lists are not affected by database updates. The only time you'll see the prompt to update the FL is if Sentinel thinks that the version in the scanner is different than the version on the PC. Has nothing to do with the weekly update.

autogyro

nevermind about the favorites lists i now know youhave to have them loaded to turn them on and off
Hello glimmerman, I have the same problem with trying to access my favorites through a quick key.... i’ve done everything you’re supposed to do with all the steps required but still cannot pull up my favorites through a soft key assigned . I’m not sure what you mean by when you say “loaded to turn them on”.... could you be more specific please. ... thank you

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Hello glimmerman, I have the same problem with trying to access my favorites through a quick key.... i’ve done everything you’re supposed to do with all the steps required but still cannot pull up my favorites through a soft key assigned . I’m not sure what you mean by when you say “loaded to turn them on”.... could you be more specific please. ... thank you

I think he meant you have to tell Sentinel to download them onto the scanner’s card. Have you done that? What are you pressing to turn them on/off?

county

Premium Subscriber

On the radio:
Menu->Set Scan Selection->Select Lists to Monitor-> (then use the rotator to knob select the Favorites List by name you wish to toggle with a quick key, and make sure it is set to ON by using the Enter key)

autogyro

On the radio:
Menu->Set Scan Selection->Select Lists to Monitor-> (then use the rotator to knob select the Favorites List by name you wish to toggle with a quick key, and make sure it is set to ON by using the Enter key)
Thank you for your response....I did all those steps and then it said ( bad TGID ) under that it says ( press any key )

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for your response....I did all those steps and then it said ( bad TGID ) under that it says ( press any key )

I believe you might be on some kind of Hold when you are trying to toggle a Quick Key. The scanner has to be scanning in order to toggle Quick Keys. Otherwise it thinks you are trying to get to a specific channel.

SChuck

Autogyro

Make sure you go into edit profile, quick key status, and check each quick key number assigned. You need to do this for each profile you want to use that favorite list in.

autogyro

Autogyro

Make sure you go into edit profile, quick key status, and check each quick key number assigned. You need to do this for each profile you want to use that favorite list in.
Done that, did that....around 20 times....I'm missing a step some ware some how. Still trying. Thanx for your imput...

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Next question - is the Favorites List Avoided, either by setting the FL's Avoid status On, or everything in the Favorites List is out of range (if using Location Control for the FL)?

If the FL is somehow avoided, toggling the Quick Key will not unavoid it.

autogyro

Next question - is the Favorites List Avoided, either by setting the FL's Avoid status On, or everything in the Favorites List is out of range (if using Location Control for the FL)?

If the FL is somehow avoided, toggling the Quick Key will not unavoid it.
No I haver never voided it and it is active....I do have the soft key recognized on the top left hand ( FO...….4...….) frequency bar.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
OK. Next, please describe each specific step you take so we can see if you are missing one.

Sorry to be sure a pain, but it's all meant to help you figure out what is going on. I'm pretty sure it will be something very simple that is being overlooked.

autogyro

OK. Next, please describe each specific step you take so we can see if you are missing one.

Sorry to be sure a pain, but it's all meant to help you figure out what is going on. I'm pretty sure it will be something very simple that is being overlooked.
Thank you for your concern and your help.
The first thing I did was read the operators manual to try to get a full understanding of the steps and the sequence therein.
The next thing was I a logged on to YouTube and watched several videos on the procedures step by step of saving favorites,
and how to recall them with a quick key assigned. In doing so, my understanding was that by pushing the assigned soft key
followed by the yes key should recall..... Which it never does.
First step I put a hold on the frequency (system/department/channel).
Second step I go to the manual and select (manage favorites).
Third step I select (new favorites list).
Fourth step is I scroll down and select (add current DB channels)...& press enter,
It goes to confirm and I press yes.It then adds current channels to favorites "loading"
Fifth step I scroll up to FL quick key and select enter then assign a quick key number (10)
Sixth step. I back out and it says loading favorites on the scrollbar, afterwords it goes
back to the database scanning mode but not the one that I originally had locked onto.
Seventh step I go back to the menu and select (set scan selection), afterwords
I scroll down to (set all list on) hit enter and it confirms all list on. I then back out
and it returns to the scan menu, at which time I put in my soft key information number 10
it then says (quick TGID? 10). I then hit enter and it says (bad TGID Press any Key).
I then have to push squelch menu button just to get back to the original screen...
Accomplished nothing!....Thank you for your time.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Based on the above, you are holding on a channel when you enter 10 <enter>. You need to be scanning.

autogyro

Based on the above, you are holding on a channel when you enter 10 <enter>. You need to be scanning.
Hello Upman, I tried that and when in scanning mode, meaning nothing locked on
and I push the softkeys assigned to the frequency it either says (quick key on off).
After pushing the quick key yes it either turns it on or off. Again, nothing happens!
By the way just so that you know I have two Uniden scanners. I have the BCD436HP
as well as the SDS 200. Both of which I have the same results.... Again I'm sure that
I'm doing something out of sequence or not, just haven't figured it out yet.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
If it says QK on or QK off, then you are doing it right. Maybe you have the system in multiple times and one or more doesn't have a QK?

autogyro

Okay with that. I'm going to clean off all my favorites which there's only one putting in multiple times and start fresh with just one favorite
and go through the steps that I do and see if it makes a difference. If it does I'll let you know.
By the way, I really like your scanners. The only one I've ever owned was the Sony Air Band – 8 that I used in Aviation
I'm really impressed how technology has changed over 35 years.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I presume you will do a Read Scanner with Sentinel, then do the cleaning. When the "Read" process happens you might see a message that the FL in Sentinel is different from what's in the scanner and gives you a choice to replace in Sentinel or copy with a new name. You might want to do a copy with new name. Then export that new name file, zip it and attach it to a reply. Might be interesting to look at and see if the problem stands out.

Status
Not open for further replies.