Uploading MN Interop groups using Sentinal

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnrick

Has anyone tried to upload any Interop groups to a Uniden scanner using sentinal? The software is new to me, I successfully loaded 8 different counties and everything showed up in the scanner except for LTAC groups, the Metro area interops (ME TAC & Metcom). Everything else loaded good, State Patrol, all the cities and counties but for some reason none of the interop groups transferred over and I am wondering if anyone else experienced this.

mnrick

How do you do that? I am looking at it and the LTACs are under "law tac" and the ME TAC and Metcom TG's are listed as "Interop"

mnrick

Thank you, that worked. Both Interop (Metcom, ME TAC) and Law Tac (LTAC) were turned off. I turned them on and those groups now show up in the scanner. It is strange though because there are other TG's that fall under those categories that did show up before but they were mixed with other TG's in groups of other types of TG's, not in a group by themselves like statewide interop is. So maybe having them turned off only blocks them if you are putting in a dept that is ONLY that category?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
It doesn't matter if they are in their own Department/Group or intermingled with other talkgroups in a Department/Group. It is the Interoperability Service Type that must be turned on for these to be heard. METCOM if you are in the Metro area and LTACs are really good to monitor. All kinds of interesting things heard there.

mnrick

If I go into service types on my scanner and shut off law tac and interop then the "departments" titles "statewide interoperability" which is a Interop and "Zone 1 Interoperability Metro" which is a Law Tac disappear. However, there are TG's such as PS COMM (4920) TG that Scott County has that is listed as "Interop" still remains even though I have Interop shut off. Same for Law Tac, any of these C2C Tg's or tac TG's (which are all under Law Tac) will still show up in the scanner even though I have Law Tac shut off but the Zone 1 Interop Department heading will not show up at all, probably because the entire group is a Law Tac. That is what I was saying when I said the TG's that are interop or law tac service types that are mixed in with other service types within a department will still show in the scanner even though I have those service types shut off but if a entire "department" is of the disabled service type then you wont see it in the scanner.

L Tac is definitely interesting at times and you can get things from all over the state. I am by Shakopee and a week or two ago I got a pursuit on L Tac 1 that was in Becker County, it went on for awhile and finally ended in Detroit Lakes. S Tac is another good one, they seem to use that for ground units to communicate with medical helicopters. Metcom is kind of quiet, once in awhile I'll hear something on there but maybe I am too far from the cities to hear everything on there

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I'd say whether the Department is inaccessible it all of the service types involved or otherwise is probably "one of them things".

I imagine on the L_TAC pursuit, someone from your area was listening in on the pursuit which is why your local tower "connected" to those involved with the incident. This is frowned upon and did become an issue with tying up resources when the 35W bridge collapsed so long ago.

METCOM tends to be active when everything else is hectic. It is a form of a "ringdown" line to all dispatch centers in the metro area, when multiple resources are involved. For example state patrol dealing with a crash and fire in Minneapolis. If you are capable of getting signal from Hennepin East or maybe Minneapolis City Center, you should be able to hear this if it becomes active.

Status
Not open for further replies.