UPMAN: logs for LCN finder problems with CAP MAX (TIII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Log Folder: Almost nothing on TG125 ID Searching mode
Log File: log0089739.txt

The scanner scans only Site ID 3.
There are TGID 101 (ENC) and 114.

Log File: log0022021.txt

The scanner scans Site ID 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.
There is TGID 125.

If you want to hear TGID 125, it seems you must scan Site ID 1.

Also, multiple site scanning is probably causing random TGID misses.

vinsky

Missing a lot of comms here too on my SDS100 (CapMax). It looks like it's worst with the last official and last beta. I'm trying the old betas now. My 536 is better than the SDS for TierIII systems.

mrscanner2008

Premium Subscriber
Hi Upman

can we expect an upcoming firmware to fix the problem or we have to live with this problem in the future?

thanks

mrscanner2008

Premium Subscriber
Hi Upman

Any new development ? I'm waiting for a fix before buying the SDS100.

TRX-1 didn't do trunking but follow Capmax way much better than SDS100 or X36hp !
But I can't follow just 1 TGID :(

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The log scanned on Site 3 does not seem to miss communications.

Are there any differences between Site 3 and 5?

Could you send SDS100 logs of missing communications on Site 5?
Please send also DSD log made at the same time.

Our problem in diagnosing this has been that almost all logs show no problems.

mrscanner2008

Premium Subscriber
The log scanned on Site 3 does not seem to miss communications.

Are there any differences between Site 3 and 5? yes somes communications are only on site 3 or 5 and somes are on both site.

Could you send SDS100 logs of missing communications on Site 5? Yes I will
Please send also DSD log made at the same time.

Our problem in diagnosing this has been that almost all logs show no problems.
If logs show no problems, the videos I sent you show missing communications on SDS100 or X36 or receive TGID but no audio.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
We cannot perform diagnoses from videos. Logs exhibiting the issue are needed for that.

mrscanner2008

Premium Subscriber
We cannot perform diagnoses from videos. Logs exhibiting the issue are needed for that.

I know but it proof that the scanner miss communications.

I do the logs for site 5 and the other sites too (separately)
and I send it when ready.

vinsky

Both SDS100 and SDS200 have the issue. Sometimes the scanner stops decoding properly and the conversation goes into "bubbles" audio.

Half of the time, the scanner stops and displays the talkgroup and correct information but no audio out of the speaker while my 536 and DSD+ get everything.

Australia4001

Premium Subscriber
I’m also seeing issues with scanning Cap+ TIII Systems that others are seeing , SDS100 seems buggy ,

If I program as a quick save single frequency only , it resolves audio with no issues , but also allows all users to be heard , as soon as a system is created with one talkgroup it misses those transmissions most of the time

Ubbe

The difference are that in single frequency monitoring you are scanning the voice channel, after first stopping on a carrier and then decoding the data on the voice channel, just like a Whistler scanner. The system monitoring are only decoding the control channel data and then use the LCN info to switch to a voice channel, something that Uniden scanners haven't been doing with 100% perfection for a long time, maybe since they implemented code to monitor RAS systems.

/Ubbe

I’m also seeing issues with scanning Cap+ TIII Systems that others are seeing , SDS100 seems buggy ,

If I program as a quick save single frequency only , it resolves audio with no issues , but also allows all users to be heard , as soon as a system is created with one talkgroup it misses those transmissions most of the time

jfr454

I have been trying to monitor a 1 site, 3 frequency UHF DMR Tier III Hytera system on a SDS100. I have run LCN finder several times. The radio has "found" the LCN for the 2 voice channels but never both in the same search and both values have been 4095. Sentinel has an error after 4094 and 2 channels cannot have the same value. The radio never stops on traffic when scanning the control channel, system is in search mode.
Thoughts?

Ubbe

Did you try and listen conventionally to the two voice channel to see if the scanner monitors them properly? LCN finder needs to find one of the channels with the talk group fully receiveble to actually store a correct LCN. Maybe you have to change a filter setting to the site or do IFX to the voice channels to receive them without interference.

Did you try to monitor the site using LCN1-2-3 with the channels in frequency order?

/Ubbe

Last edited:

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Curious, I see "Color code set to 0" Zero is a color code (16 color codes, 0 - 15) Curious if the SDS series uses "0" as a wildcard for color codes? Does the LCN system you are trying to log use CC 0? Otherwise, why would CC 0 be selected?

jfr454

Ubbe, yes I can listen to the 2 voice channels well. When I add the control channel the scanner becomes silent. LCN finder never finds any without the control channel.

Ubbe

Can you start a debug log and attach to your post? Run it just long enough that you suspect that a few calls have been made on the site, or confirmed with any of you other scanners that a voice channel begins to transmit data.

/Ubbe

Ubbe

I can't see any calls in that log. Everything looks normal and matches with your system info. Base frequency are 449.98125MHz and uses 6,25KHz steps so the LCN numbers are correct in the system info and system id are 13, as seems to be the default that Hytera uses also in those systems I have here, and you have logged site 4 in a TierIII system.

Could be that this system uses the new direct frequency assignment protocol mentioned elsewhere in RR and not LCN numbers and that might be a problem for Unidens current firmware. It probably will show in a log with some calls being setup.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.