• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

UPman's Avatar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha! Glad to see you back after your health issue. Always appreciated your effort to promote the hobby and your candor on these boards.

Truly loving my SDS100. It is amazing how far you've pushed the hobby since the BC-246T.

I remember my first "magical" experience when I took my BC-245XLT and it trunk tracked the Disneyland 900MHz system. Prior to that, I was just listening to whatever came across the voice channels. It was like drinking from a fountain hose.

My second "magical" experience was when I took my SDS100 to Great America, and the Mototrbo/DMR frequency that would have signaled another unmonitorable system came alive with audio traffic.

Anyway, thanks again.

So the next question... Why Felix? ;)

I think the cat is a metaphor for Upman. The cat has X's in his eyes that in cartoons means death but they are not covering the whole eye as they usually do, they are only little X's. So not quite half dead the cat struts along and whistles, looking confident and positive and regardless of how much you toss a cat up in the air he always lands on all four paws and escapes from every tricky situation and he can always trust on those seven lives to keep him going. I think that's how Upman looks at himself.

/Ubbe

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
I think the cat is a metaphor for Upman. The cat has X's in his eyes that in cartoons means death but they are not covering the whole eye as they usually do, they are only little X's. So not quite half dead the cat struts along and whistles, looking confident and positive and regardless of how much you toss a cat up in the air he always lands on all four paws and escapes from every tricky situation and he can always trust on those seven lives to keep him going. I think that's how Upman looks at himself.

/Ubbe
Now he's gonna want a raise!

TailGator911

Premium Subscriber
Probably has to do with the theme song lyric - "Felix the Cat, the most wonderful wonderful cat...whenever he is in a fix he reaches into his bag of tricks"

Without a doubt, Mr. Paul must have a bottomless bag of tricks ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.