UPRR TRS Off Air?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know why the Union Pacific VHF trunked system in Portland in no longer transmitting a control channel?

Union Pacific Railroad Trunking System, Portland, Oregon - Scanner Frequencies

I usually have the system in my radios while driving around town, but a friend just asked if I was receiving anything on the system, but found no control channels.

I think the system was set up as a pilot project to evaluate the use of trunking in the railroad channels, so maybe the project is finished?

- Chris

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
I rarely heard any activity on the UP P25 system; generally just the car men doing their routine air brake / FRED / whatever checks, so it doesn't surprise me that it's no longer active.

jeremym70

I rarely heard any activity on the UP P25 system; generally just the car men doing their routine air brake / FRED / whatever checks, so it doesn't surprise me that it's no longer active.
I didn't listen to it too much, used to hear the radio techs on it which was kind of entertaining. Just noticed in the last week or two it has been off the air.

oregontreehugger

Premium Subscriber
Also have not been hearing anything lately from this system. Scanned through the assigned frequencies and do not hear any control channels whatsoever. Seems like it is off the air...

jeremym70

It is definitely off the air, I was up at the site where it resides yesterday and all the equipment was powered down. No clues as to why.

Status
Not open for further replies.