us cbp

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkipSanders

Silent Key
You had best expect most CPB/DHS channels are at least capable of both P25 and Encrypted. Only a few will be unencrypted in some areas (San Diego comes to mind), while in others, they may still not be using encryption as much.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
fireandems13669 said:
Does anyone know if the 163.62500 RM BorderPatrol Border Patrol freq is standard p25 or if it is also secure

It depends on your location. Some areas have switched to P-25, some are still analog and some are mixed analog and P-25. Encryption is per radio, so that can vary from transmission to transmission.

- Chris

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Border Patrol

fireandems13669 said:
Does anyone know if the 163.62500 RM BorderPatrol Border Patrol freq is standard p25 or if it is also secure

I listen to the Border Patrol out of Buffalo NY AND most of the traffic is p25 and no encryption, but they can go encrypted any time they want to turn it on, but most of the time encryption is off.
Steve

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Here in San Antonio border patrol is in the clear but sometimes uses DES/XL on the 163 freqs.

However, recent skip into San Antonio indicates that P25 switches are occurring all over the state.

xjf79

Here on the Western Washington state/B.C. border they are using 163.625 and 163.675
for thier comms in analog mode.
There has been some rumor of them going to P25 up here soon, but for now they are
still moitorable in analog mode.

kingpin

Trailer Park Supervisor
lost_in_maine said:
I am in Northwest Maine, 50 miles from Quebec, and I hear 163.625 pl 100.0 in the clear here daily, I Have never heard P25 or any encryption used

Same thing / freqs / tones in Mobile, Al. However, other feds here have migrated to P25. CBP seems like one of the last to move.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
For encryption, I've heard them use what they call "10-10" mode with analog transmissions...

Anyone know what kind of "system" they have? I know they have numerous repeaters all over. Where I am I heard on a regular transmissions from about 2+ repeaters. I've also heard them assist with radio issues with a FEMA facility in VA (Mt. Weather) and "Omaha 1".

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
Doug, why not post that article on here for all of us to read???

Mike

lost_in_maine said:
The May issue of Popular Communications has a great article on US/Mexico CBP activity.

Doug

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
163.625 p-25 FOR THE BORDER PATROL
165.2375 100.0 for US CUSTOMS

Neither is very active up here on their radios.

Mike

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
WatnNY said:
Doug, why not post that article on here for all of us to read???
The writer of the article is a member here. I'll leave it up to him to approve posting a copyrighted article.

In the mean time please do not repost, verbatim, from magazine articles. Monitoring Times has a decent Federal section compared to all the other rags out there. I would recommend it for the FedHeads.

shell6

Has anyone had any luck with customs at any of the airports or ports in the tristate area? I've been DYING to listen in on that.

xjf79

Northern CBP Now P25 Digital

Well my last post re: Northern Border cbp frequencies 163.625 and 163.675 being in analog mode, well they have recently changed to P25 digital.
Over the past few days I wasnt hearing anything on thier channels with the ctcss tones on... well to my surprise they have switched to CLEAR P25 mode instead, luckly I have p25 mode.

so those of you up this way that use to listen to them with an analog scanner your SOL now :(

xjf79

Status
Not open for further replies.