US to pay up to $160,000,000 to buy radios for Mexican LEAs?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
So is this the military spending this money from their own pockets or would this be us paying a bit more taxes just to cover the cost?

masonb

Of course the citizens will have to foot the bill, who are you kidding ?

Hooligan

& due to the corruption in the Mexican military & LE, the 'secure' radios won't really be 'secure' at all, even with OTAR & stunning capabilities.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
I dont understand why we would need to spend that much money to purchase so many radios for them to use, are we supplying the whole country or a particular region?

My opinion is, not every Mexican LEO is corrupt but are emergency responders from the USA obligated to cross international borders to assist in crisis when requested by mutual aid without being stopped by CBP?

Its bad enough Mexico still has the on going problem against the war on the drug cartels, radios can be stolen you know, so it would be a waste on our side but thats the government calling the shots and us paying the bill :) but whats wrong with the system they have now?

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
I wish the US Govt could help me out buy buying me a XTS5000

martgenia

first of all:
$160,000,000 spend in radios made in the US, so it gets US economy going, right?
and second, I bet at least one of you experimented or tasted a little bit of the stuff is making Mexican Government strike against the drug cartels, and getting us people in the middle, so the only solution is not to be cry babies: STOP SNORTING, SNIFFINg, SMOKING, or whatever you do to get hi....

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
Well I lost my friend to the war on drugs when she was put into the mexican army, so where ever the tax money is going and however these radios will work for the mexican government, I want to see it progress.

Whats wrong with the current system now? What can be improved? Anyways.. what agency in Mexico regulates communications?

martgenia

I lost a friend too to the war on drugs

(Mueren 11 militares tras caída de helicóptero en Michoacán - La Jornada)

and a cousin to the war on terror, but president Calderon Said it "this war will cost many lives, and the cost would be higher if we do nothing" so, lets support this war against drugs..

Comunications are regulated by the SCT ministry, but if its about radio freqs (wireless, telephone and cellular) its regulated by the COFETEL but the radios would be used and operated by the mexican Army, so they have their rules and their own office that regulates use of this radios...

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
Ok that does make sense to me then, just now its the need to construct towers around the region for repeater capability unless somehow they would have a mobile repeater everywhere they go

Squad10

" Tucked into the voluminous congressional plan for U.S. military spending next year is $160 million intended to help Mexico's police buy U.S.-made first-responder radios.

The average drug cartel leader can make $3.5B during a slow year. Quite a contrast.

rescuecomm

I wish the US Govt could help me out buy buying me a XTS5000

AMEN!

I could use a Thales Liberty or a Harris XG-100 myself. Just a cool $7,000.00 for the radio and few accessories. Why do country's that are part of oil cartels need US assistance while US first responders lack that very equipment? Politics of course.

Bob

hoser147

While were at it,Might as well check and see if they need new uniforms, guns, or patrol cars.:roll: When is it going to stop. How many other countries buy our government anything?

Squad10

While were at it,Might as well check and see if they need new uniforms, guns, or patrol cars.:roll: When is it going to stop. How many other countries buy our government anything?

It is not going to stop. Mexico is asking for more than just what the US has provided them for years, and it's because of the drug cartels that supply the insatiable drug appetite of the US. Whether the US economy is good or bad, its appetite for drugs never seems to wane. The US is on a course to buying its way into oblivion. Smart Mexican businessmen realize this, hence the call for the UN.

MEXICO CITY - Business groups in the Mexican border city of Ciudad Juarez said Wednesday they are calling for United Nations peacekeepers to quell the drug-related violence that has given their city one of the highest homicide rates in the world.

Groups representing assembly plants, retailers and other businesses said they will submit a request to the Mexican government and the Inter American Human Rights Commission to ask the U.N. to send help.

"This is a proposal ... for international forces to come here to help out the domestic (security) forces," said Daniel Murguia, president of the Ciudad Juarez chapter of the National Chamber of Commerce, Services and Tourism. "There is a lot of extortions and robberies of businesses. Many businesses are closing."

The government has sent more than 5,000 soldiers to the city across the border from El Paso, Texas, but killings, extortions and kidnappings continue.

7 homicides a day
Ciudad Juarez has had 1,986 homicides through mid-October this year — averaging seven a day in the city of 1.5 million people.

"We have seen the U.N. peacekeepers enter other countries that have a lot fewer problems than we have," Murguia said.

The groups appeared to be motivated by a sense of desperation and deep disappointment with the government's efforts to control crime in the city.

Soledad Maynez, president of the Ciudad Juarez Association of Maquiladoras, said the joint police-army operation to quell killings and crime have yielded no results.

Maynez said business and civic groups want U.N. peacekeepers or advisers in Ciudad Juarez.

"What we are asking for with the blue helmets (U.N. peacekeepers) is that we know they are the army of peace, so we could use not only the strategies they have developed in other countries ... but they also have technology," Maynez said.

Mexican troops have both helped train new local police recruits and taken on some patrolling tasks in the city

Status
Not open for further replies.