USAF Mot II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blkops

I have been attempting to listen in to my Air Force freqs near 164. ish. The base is 12 miles away and I can reach up to 38 miles away currently, however nothing ever comes in. They are not enctypted and everything is programmed properly. any thoughts?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
This is likely something that the Arizona forum should have, but....the name/location of the base is.....? Is it possible that these comms have moved to the 380 mhz band, where many fed/mil bases are moving? 73 Mike

BM82557

The local ANG base in my area installed a new P25 system while continuing to use their old freqs. Could this have happened in your situation?

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
ka3jjz said:
This is likely something that the Arizona forum should have, but....the name/location of the base is.....? Is it possible that these comms have moved to the 380 mhz band, where many fed/mil bases are moving? 73 Mike

Huh?

The only AZ folks still in the 160's are the NG folks in the Phoenix area. DMAFB, Tucson ANG, LAFB, and FT Huachuca are all in the 400mhz. No one is yet operating in the 380mhz area....

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Yes, this 380 mhz migration is quite well known and if it hasn't happened in your area yet, it will soon enough. It's been written about in many places, including MT. There are several such systems here in the Maryland/DC area, and I fully expect more will follow suit.

73 Mike

Blkops

They are on a P25, I uploaded everything into my scanner from this site. Another that is not working is 406.1500 that is DM P25

Last edited:

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
Blkops said:
They are on a P25, I uploaded everything into my scanner from this site. Another that is not working is 406.1500 that is DM P25

Looks like you're loading up DMAFB. This is a trunked system, and depending upon the radio that you're using, will require you to load as a minimum the control channels. You'll also have to adjust the "table" in the radio to properly trunk follow the transmissions.

If you have problems with this, let me know what type of radio, I own only Radio Shack radios, but I might be able to point you towards someone else in our Tucson area scanner group that can help you.

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
ka3jjz said:
Yes, this 380 mhz migration is quite well known and if it hasn't happened in your area yet, it will soon enough. It's been written about in many places, including MT. There are several such systems here in the Maryland/DC area, and I fully expect more will follow suit.

73 Mike

Hey Mike,

Wasn't questioning the migration, but we down here near the Mexican border are still a little away from that happening. You know the inter-country coordination thing ....

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Doesn't surprise me a bit. 2 buzzwords that seem to never fit quite as well as you would hope - Inter country (if there ever could say that it exists between Mexico and the US) and coordination :.>> 73 Mike

Blkops

FLANO said:
Looks like you're loading up DMAFB. This is a trunked system, and depending upon the radio that you're using, will require you to load as a minimum the control channels. You'll also have to adjust the "table" in the radio to properly trunk follow the transmissions.

If you have problems with this, let me know what type of radio, I own only Radio Shack radios, but I might be able to point you towards someone else in our Tucson area scanner group that can help you.

everthing is loaded properly, as far as i know. I donloaded everything dirctly, and it set everything in order. anything else I have to do? I have a BCD396T

Now that I think about it, my USBP comes in messed up and I think they are digital too. It comes in similar to a Q-MAC military radio that does frequency hopping for encryption

I have been reading the instruction book, I think something is off with the spacing, but I'm unsure.

maybe this will help, here is a screenshot of it.

screenshot.jpg

Last edited:

pyeman99

Blkops said:
everthing is loaded properly, as far as i know. I donloaded everything dirctly, and it set everything in order. anything else I have to do? I have a BCD396T

Now that I think about it, my USBP comes in messed up and I think they are digital too. It comes in similar to a Q-MAC military radio that does frequency hopping for encryption

I have been reading the instruction book, I think something is off with the spacing, but I'm unsure.

maybe this will help, here is a screenshot of it.

screenshot.jpg

Try 12.5 in the Step 1 box

Blkops

how do you 12.5? i put 12.5 in and it changed it to .05 on its own

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
This is moving into the software territory, folks, but....if BCTool is preventing you from entering 12.5, then report it on the Yahoo group. Rob works very hard to get fixes in, even if it takes him a few days with work constraints.

73 Mike

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
Blkops said:
....Now that I think about it, my USBP comes in messed up and I think they are digital too. It comes in similar to a Q-MAC military radio that does frequency hopping for encryption

Glad you got it to load correctly. Since you are in the Tucson area, Mike is correct, put this under the Arizona forum. We can help you with other questions about Digital users in AZ, for example, CBP, which is mostly encrypted which is why you don't hear everything clearly.

pyeman99

ka3jjz said:
This is moving into the software territory, folks, but....if BCTool is preventing you from entering 12.5, then report it on the Yahoo group. Rob works very hard to get fixes in, even if it takes him a few days with work constraints.

73 Mike
Just had a look at some of mine,12.5 needs to be entered 0.0125 on BcTool.
It's just a slight quirk maybe. Uniden uses 12.5 in UASD.

Comint

Premium Subscriber
pyeman99 said:
Just had a look at some of mine,12.5 needs to be entered 0.0125 on BcTool.
It's just a slight quirk maybe. Uniden uses 12.5 in UASD.
12.5 is the step (or as some people would say, the channel spacing) in Kilohertz

0.0125 is the same step in Megahertz.

--

Status
Not open for further replies.