USAR (Urban Search & Rescue)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BC_Scan

New License in Vancouver for CAN TF1 - Vancouver Fire & Rescue entry for HUSAR across Canada,
143.82/148.75 Portable Repeater, all freq analog narrow
420.0125/409.0125 Portable UHF repeater, these are BC Province wide , I see that there is information for CAN TF2, Calgary Alberta (unkown agency)
CAN TF3 Toronto, (unkown agency)
CAN TF4 Brandon, Manitoba , however upon searching TAFL I don't see corresponding license for maybe say Calgary Fire, Toronto Fire etc,
lets keep this post open for any new listings/CTCSS etc.

https://www.publicsafety.gc.ca/cnt/mrgnc-mngmnt/rspndng-mrgnc-vnts/rbn-srch-rsc-en.aspx

https://news.gov.bc.ca/factsheets/heavy-urban-search-and-rescue-husar

BC_Scan

Alberta info : Can-TF2
•Multi-band radios covering 400MHz, 700MHz, 800MHz, UHF, VHF and P25 frequencies
•Portable repeater units in 400MHz and 800MHz frequencies
•Satellite Radios
•Radio interconnect hardware to link radio systems
•Satellite Data and Voice technology
•Wireless Mesh Network system, including both portable and fixed systems allowing for a secure network to stream live video and instant messaging from the incident site, back to the command post

Canada Task Force 2 is on the Alberta First Responder Radio Communications System (AFRRCS). AFRRCS is a province-wide two-way radio network that allows first responder agencies (fire fighters, police, ambulances etc.) in the province to use the same radio communications technology. It ensures first responders can more easily communicate with one another and improve coordination among agencies.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
CAN TF2, Calgary Alberta (unkown agency)
CAN TF3 Toronto, (unkown agency)

however upon searching TAFL I don't see corresponding license for maybe say Calgary Fire, Toronto Fire etc,
lets keep this post open for any new listings/CTCSS etc.

Sorry, what's unknown about CANTF2 and CANTF3?

CANADA TASK FORCE 2

CANTF3 doesn't appear to have a webpage any more, but they're run by the City of Toronto.

CANTF2 is indeed on AFRRCS. In the past I've also heard them on both the Calgary system and on 400MHz frequencies that were retained by the city after Fire moved to the Calgary trunk system. But I would wager that going forward, the majority of public safety agencies in Alberta, CANTF2 included, are going to be on AFRRCS for in-province communications. When deployed out-of-province, I suspect CANTF2 will use either the local authority's radio system or some of the mobile repeaters their page mentions.

FYI - CANTF2 is not just Calgary Fire (or Calgary public safety agencies). There's involvement from all kinds of agencies throughout the province.

One last thing - Halifax was CANTF5, but disbanded. There are rumors from a year or so ago that Montreal is trying to spin up as CANTF5 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.